Second Skin Audio

SA-15's Enclosure help

I order 2 sa-15's and i really need help getting this box right. The max box specs are 39 wide 17.25 width and 17.25 depth. On a ported enclosure that would put me at 4.6xx cubs without displacement. i called sundown and they said i can put them in a sealed enclosure with no problems. So with those specs above on a sealed enclosure that would put me at about 5.2xx cubs and thats what they recommend. the amp i will be using wll either be a hifionics 2100 or a crescendo bc2000d. i just want to see what you guys think would be better or what you guys would recommend cause i know alot of you guys have alot of knowledge at things like this. This would be my first box build.

We don't have alot of neighbors so we can blast the stereo.

Sealed are the most simple enclosures. It's literally just a sealed box. Build the box well braced, maybe fiberglass the inside, and you should be set. Is it going into a trunk?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

With just wood, not to much. Maybe $100? Maybe a bit more if you fiberglass. Get a sheet of MDF you might need two but see what you can do with one, some wooden dowels, and I like to use the level 3 titebond, you'll probably only need one medium bottle, get a bigger bottle or two smaller ones if you want to make sure.

You'll probably just need 2 16" wooden dowels suppotring the top and bottom at the center of the enclosure.

I got my carpet from Partsexpress, along with the spray adhesive from there.

If it's taking up most of your trunk maybe face it forward and if you want seal the trunk off from the cabin? If you don't want to seal off the trunk, try the enclosure facing forwards and then backwards and see which sounds better to you.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

ok that sounds good. but i can't seal of my trunk cause i have a peice of sheet metal across it, but i wish i could. Thanks for all the help man i appreciate it. :)

Here is a box spec suggestion, subs displacement factored in, for front or back firing, features a double baffle:

Enclosure Specifications:

Vb = 4.787 ft^3

External Height = 17.25 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 17.25 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 39 x 17 1/4

Left & Right Sides = 15 x 15 3/4

Top & Bottom = 39 x 15

A single Fi SP4 15" ported would have been better. Expect limited deep bass with that setup.

i dont think i would have limited deep bass. its a sundown lol. it will be in a sealed box to sundowns specs. i think it shouldnt hurt anything? but ik i am giving up some spl but i alreay know that.

Edited by MegaMan93

you will be fine just give it a try. I had my sa15s in an under specd box and they are still fine.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator