rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Report Posted May 11, 2012 Still new to the site, glad to be here. I have 8 Alpine type R's in a 19x32x49 box and 5x10x12.5 port can't figure out what it's tuned at but together they are 4000 watts rms.I have a hifonics BRE2500.1D and got tired of it pretty quickly. Not a bad amp just not what I'm looking for. Can anyone give me some recommendations for some amps. [/img] Quote
deathcards Posted May 11, 2012 Report Posted May 11, 2012 http://www.skaraudio.com/index.php/productscatalog/amplifiers/item/sk-45001.html?category_id=6 - sk4500.1 price range? Quote skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Author Report Posted May 11, 2012 Oh and there wired to 1 ohm, dvc 4 ohm. Quote
HunterJohnson Posted May 11, 2012 Report Posted May 11, 2012 (edited) skar 4500 pm me if you want to order Edited May 11, 2012 by HunterJohnson Quote Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Author Report Posted May 11, 2012 My range is around $600-$800 since I only need one for the subs. Quote
rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Author Report Posted May 11, 2012 Is 1449.99 the current price on the skar 4500? Quote
rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Author Report Posted May 11, 2012 I definately will hit you up hunter when I figure out what I want to do and if I want my budget to go up. Any other suggestions? Quote
pa-pa-platypus Posted May 11, 2012 Report Posted May 11, 2012 my suggestion? fix your box before you go looking at amps.. you have 50 square inches of port for 8 subs and no idea what its tuned at..theres your problem...then shop for amps just my .02 Quote This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
rcardell Posted May 11, 2012 Author Report Posted May 11, 2012 The box was built to alpines specs, what do you suggest it be tuned to platypus? Quote
pa-pa-platypus Posted May 11, 2012 Report Posted May 11, 2012 alpines specs dont say to give the woofers 2.85 square inches of port per cube lol and as far as tuning i like mid 30's for a daily setup Quote This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.