Second Skin Audio

Help me build my box?

Actually I measured shortest distance width wise, and shortest distance height wise. But I forgot to measure my trunk opening! I'll have to do that tomorrow! Thanks John! I'll also have to see, if it's not possible to put it in through the trunk, if it will be possible to put it in through the door.

Oh yeah! And what do you mean do I not plan on sitting it flush? I mean what does that have to do with the angle of my back seat?

Oh, and I just came up with an idea! I think I may be able to fit the box with the dimensions I wanted by putting it in through the back seat if I take the trim/panels off from the back seat area, then place it back after it's in. I'll take a pic tomorrow and show you what I mean.

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

Most back seats have 4" of deepth to 16" of height give or take a few deg.

So if you build a box at 90deg on the the front there will be approx 4" of space at the bottom and touching at the top.

This is not a problem as long as you measured you max deepth from the top of where box will touch back seat and not the bottom

As you'll be to big in deepth otherwise

Edited by john253a

Actually i don't like any of your designs a hell of a lot.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

It was for looks. Well I'm resigning from this site... nothing but a bunch of dicks on here. Several others think so as well.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Cool. Dont care, had some respect for ya. Not no more. /end conversation.

Why don't you throw your design in.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

D: YOU GUYS ARE HIJACKING MY THREAD! and john, 3.5 cubic feet is not gonna take up my whole trunk space so I will have plenty of depth, but I did measure from the top of the seat, I thought about making an angle, but I thought since this is my first box it will be easiest if everythings just neat and square. If you know what I mean.

BTW, I do agree with you there are quite a few dicks on here, not naming names though! I've thought about just signing up for another forum. But I plan on sticking to this one, maybe visiting others every once in a while.

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

On a side note other site only you edit for up to 1 Hr after post, it would be nice if it happened here to, might stop some blank posts

Back to the topic at hand

90deg all side is fine.

I only told you about the angle incase you hadnt thought of that and you have space issues

I have seen my fair share of love, and time, go into peoples first box builds, only to find they don't fit, or are not sitting where there ment to be

And for a first time builder I wouldn't recomend an incar build,