Sonic Electronix

No worries,

what i was asking was what meter you were saying you use, and its not loud.

"But when i set the gains with that meter, not using bass boost.. They still wont be loud at all?"

What meter are you using?

the reason your subs keep blowing is very simple. distortion. which is caused mainly by adding bass boost. im willing to bet $50 that your gain isn't tuned properly, hence why everything is quiet when you turn bass boost off.

if you have access to an oscilloscope, or a dd-1 (more unlikely, but still possible), then use either one of those to tune your gains. you should be much happier then.

edit: if your gain is set properly, the amp will output full power. too much gain causes distortion. too little gain (in this case) causes everything to be quieter. 99.99999% of the time, you dont need bass boost.

Edited by Kranny

i mean if i set the gains with it. i have to turn the gain past half way before they get loud without bass boost, and im sure that's probably clipping it when the gain is up that high?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Bass boost plus sub level at plus 15 equals problems. Turn the sub level down...bass boost OFF..and turn the gain on ur amp up. To push those sibs the gain should be AT least half way up. And make sure they are wired correctly.

wrong. sub level at 15 is required for headunits to output their full preout voltage. and you cant tell someone how high their gain is supposed to be. the fuck?

i mean if i set the gains with it. i have to turn the gain past half way before they get loud without bass boost, and im sure that's probably clipping it when the gain is up that high?

more than likely, you're not clipping them with gain at half.

Edited by Kranny

Also, if you want to borrow a DD1 to set your gains look here. There may be someone close to you. This is a map of people who have dd1's, cc1's, term labs, and o-scopes.

http://batchgeo.com/...6f1640587e3e4cf

Edited by strangeduck

Bass boost plus sub level at plus 15 equals problems. Turn the sub level down...bass boost OFF..and turn the gain on ur amp up. To push those sibs the gain should be AT least half way up. And make sure they are wired correctly.

wrong.. having the hu level at 15 gives the most voltage to my amp.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Op,

Please slow down, look on this forum for a DD-1 in your area,...... BUT, you seem to be the audio lover in your area. (If your the loud dude in the area) Take it a step further, and read about "distortion" "gain setting" "boosting" on this site for a few days. Then, (and only then) buy or find the correct tool to set you levels. Im talking finding your HU level, and your EQ's (if ya have any) and then your amps....

Dude, ill send you either one you want, a DD-1 or one of the baddest scopes on the planet to borrow. IF you read up just a bit more..... just be a little patient. And learn some stuff bro. Again, thats the fun part.

Kyle

Edited by KyLar96

Get a DD-1 and set your gains with it

Get a multi meter and put the positive and negative leads on the speaker terminals (respectively). turn the dial so it will read off the ohm load at the amp, then tell us what it reads.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.