so my iphone had a crack on th back, i got stuck in some bad weather and it got into the phone through the crack. i tried the rice trick and no luck. i also do not have insurance. any reliable companies i you would recommend to send it to? is DIY easy? input would be great. thanks guys

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

How long did you leave it in with rice for? I had many ipods and i-Touches go through the washer and I put em' in a bag with a bunch of white rice, let it sit on the widow ledge in the sun for a few days and they always came out ok. Yours may be different. Also, If you tried to turn it on after it got wet it may be fried.

it was on the entire time it got wet, and the flashlight thing on the back was on after i got it out of the rain. if its fried is it 100% done?

24v1fe8.png

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

it was on the entire time it got wet, and the flashlight thing on the back was on after i got it out of the rain. if its fried is it 100% done?

Most likely. if there was enough water It could have shorted everything out inside because it was on. If you can't get it to work with any at home methods then its probaly dead :( Not worth the money to look at repairs. Do you have a contract woth the phone? If so, I know people who have taken their phone back in and sometimes they would replace it if its under warranty. make up a stupid story.

Edited by Amart88

Most likely. if there was enough water It could have shorted everything out inside because it was on. If you can't get it to work with any at home methods then its probaly dead :( Not worth the money to look at repairs. Do you have a contract woth the phone? If so, I know people who have taken their phone back in and sometimes they would replace it if its under warranty. make up a stupid story.

damn.... yeah my contracts up in acouple of months so im gunna stick tight with my droid v1 :/ ill go to Verizon tomorrow and see if i can pull some strings.

24v1fe8.png