Sonic Electronix

I have blown both sets of speakers. I need a set of 4" or 4x6" and a pair of 6x9s for the back. I am powering them with an alpine mrp 240. An I am looking for some speakers that can take power. Lookin to spend 40-70$ give or take per pair. Just wondering what you guys recommend

You shouldn't be blowing speakers on 40-50 watts, get something decent and make sure your not clipping/distorting.

Unless they were stock then that is a very good posibility, I've done that in many cars already before upgrading the sound system. Personally I like the Polk Audio line of speakers, there is the db and the dxi series which is essentially the same thing, just made different years. Check out DXI's they're rated at 6-60wrms and I've had no problems with mine. I have a pair of 6.5 and a pair of 4x8 I think? I forget what size my rear speakers are already. If you look on ebay and amazon you can find new for that price range that you want.

Thanks guys I haven't had the speakers powered at all just had stock stuff and forgot I had this amp just doing a bunch of upgrades. The fronts don't go 6.5 unless I wanna somehow cut up the frame which could be done. Im about to put it a dc level 4 18 and need some decent stuff to go along haha

Thanks guys I haven't had the speakers powered at all just had stock stuff and forgot I had this amp just doing a bunch of upgrades. The fronts don't go 6.5 unless I wanna somehow cut up the frame which could be done. Im about to put it a dc level 4 18 and need some decent stuff to go along haha

go for cheap mids until you get the sub in. Then buy some nice component speakers. Component speakers WILL need more power though because of the tweeters :/

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22331_Image-Dynamics-CTX-4.html

and

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22336_Image-Dynamics-CTX-69.html

call it a day or like above posters said get a nice set of 6.5 comps and say screw rear fill its a waste imo

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

What type of vehicle do you have ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch