Second Skin Audio

Aero port help

Need more port. Aim for at LEAST 12sq in per cubic foot of box space.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Something you have to take into account, is that the port area depends mostly on the sub and how flat you want the respond of the box, 2 4" aeros is WAY too small for that badass sub, i don´t know if you want a nice bandwith, having a LOW peak, etc etc, you said you want to tune it @ 30 hz, why that low? you would end up with long aeros that would shrink the box even more, that sub can definitely play below tuning frequency very strong, maybe 33-35 hz tuning is more than enough.

Said all that, joe X is right, a single 8" port could do the job, would play very nice on every frequency you play, i would try to use 2 6" aeros, you can use PVC pipes and make some nice flares with a heat gun, or spend extra 70$ and buy a pair of aeros @ partsexpress wich i honestly think it´s your best option, they are 17" long and would get you around 36 hz tuning and 5.4 cubic feet after displacement, that box should play VERY nice in my opinion...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Something you have to take into account, is that the port area depends mostly on the sub and how flat you want the respond of the box, 2 4" aeros is WAY too small for that badass sub, i don´t know if you want a nice bandwith, having a LOW peak, etc etc, you said you want to tune it @ 30 hz, why that low? you would end up with long aeros that would shrink the box even more, that sub can definitely play below tuning frequency very strong, maybe 33-35 hz tuning is more than enough.

Said all that, joe X is right, a single 8" port could do the job, would play very nice on every frequency you play, i would try to use 2 6" aeros, you can use PVC pipes and make some nice flares with a heat gun, or spend extra 70$ and buy a pair of aeros @ partsexpress wich i honestly think it´s your best option, they are 17" long and would get you around 36 hz tuning and 5.4 cubic feet after displacement, that box should play VERY nice in my opinion...

So if i do sub up and the two 6" aero ports back at the 17" length it comes with then that should give me a tuning around 36 hz and will be able to play low notes well? The reason im asking is so i know exactly what to do once i start building the box soon.

Yes, you should get a nice F3, you could definitely play from about 28 hz without any problems, like i said, that´s a badass sub for sure, you could get away with 3 4" aeros but i honestly recommend you a bigger port area since you could get a way stronger output :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/