battery/alt question

Ok so I kno I need to upgrade my electrical....im gonna be pushing 1500 rms for my sub amp and maybe 200 ish from the amp for my kids and highs... Gonna be doing the big three and trying to figure out if I should upgrade my alternator or run an xs power battery for a second battery....can anyone help me out on which way is the better way to go??

I would just get the second battery. You probably wont need the HO alt....what kind of car? Do the big three in 0 guage and a run to the back battery. then 0 guage to sub amp from back battery and you can run whatever size your mid/high amp take to that battery too. I would run a ground to the frame/body panel on back battery...and a 0 guage ground from front battery to back battery as well. Then ground your amp directly to the battery.

As for your size....I say bigger is better...so look at dimensions figure out what will ift and then go with the biggest ah rating for what size space you have to work with. On my setup I only have big 3 and a single kinetik hc600 under my seat(only room I have) and it does fine no dimming no voltage drop. Your only a few hundred watts above that so a full size battery..you shouldn't have any problems.

Ans doing all your runs in quality 0g wiring will help if you go bigger later.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Maybe an XP2000...if you have room? Or if you have the moolah go bigger than when you go with more power later you will already be set.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Does mechman have an actual site u can order from or do u gotta use ssa??

And I got an 05 2500hd 6.0 with no power door locks...windows...or mirrors.

Oh man you should be fine with big 3 and second battery. Dont they have a spot under the hood for a second batt? Without all the accessories you are even better off.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to: