Second Skin Audio

alternatives for 45's?

New2Dis

so your saying .005 displacment will lose .5 dbs or more? i have test big to tiny 45's

No, obviously i do not know how large the 45s you tested were nor did i know how much output was lost or gained in any of the testing you did. I meant that if all variables werent considered (such as the change in volume) the test would not definitively say whether the 45s were responsible for any gain or loss.

I love alpine´s posts hehe, always so real and full of information, he´s right on!!! without a termlab you can´t do SHIT, i tested 45´s myself and i only gained using a single one on the pressure point of the box, if it´s a daily box then why caring that much about 45´s? ditch that shit and build an squared box and that´s it :)

P.S: If you still want to go with the 45´s route, my testings showed me that using a strip of pvc adds you 0.0000000001 dbs over 45´s made with mdf lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I love alpine´s posts hehe, always so real and full of information, he´s right on!!! without a termlab you can´t do SHIT, i tested 45´s myself and i only gained using a single one on the pressure point of the box, if it´s a daily box then why caring that much about 45´s? ditch that shit and build an squared box and that´s it :)

P.S: If you still want to go with the 45´s route, my testings showed me that using a strip of pvc adds you 0.0000000001 dbs over 45´s made with mdf lol

lol anything for those extra db's :drink40:

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

Archived