Second Skin Audio

Can someone figure out what this is tuned to

I have no idea how to come up with box calculations other than torres and gross volume. My old box I built I messed up on and screwed the port up, I wanted to know if anyone can figure out what it is tuned to. It is port and sub up, 3 common port wall(L slot port) all .75 thick wood with a woofer displacement of .1. The box is 16 in high and deep, 30 inches wide. The port from top to bottom is physically 14.25in long, 14.5in tall and 2.75 in wide. The bottom extension is 21.125in long 14.5 in tall and 2.25 in wide. I want to know if anyone can figure out the tuning, net volume and port area per foot with this info. Please and thank you!

Edit: Changed the physical port length of the bottom extension.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Cuz my dumbass fucked it up. Well if it really is tuned to 42Hz, dayum. I can hit down to 32-33hz on music. and 30-31 on tones.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Is it loaded and playing? An easy unscientific way to gauge your tuning frequency is to play a series of frequencies, one at a time, all at the same level and watch the cone. The frequency that it seems to move the least but is still loud should be your tuning frequency.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Well your theory doesn't work with my setup then. No it is not in and running, but rest assured I have had many hours bullshiting with it. anything under 30 Hz starts to bottom out the sub. I can play some songs that are 30-32Hz but most I cannot.

Edit: Recommended 2.4cu total for 2 woofer, I have one inverted one normal for space issues.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Not exactly theory. Don't try at full tilt.

At tuning most of your output comes from the port and your cone moves very little due to rise.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Not exactly theory. Don't try at full tilt.

At tuning most of your output comes from the port and your cone moves very little due to rise.

Ah I get ya, well once I get my new amp ordered and installed, which will be 4 times what they where seeing before, I will check again.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm