Sonic Electronix

Front battery reads 14.6 and rear battery reads 12.5 at the same time. Front is stock, the rear is a Shuriken bt-100. Have 2 runs to back. Back battery is grounded to front battery. Am I doing something wrong. Im running knu 1/0 kca and big 3 is done..

Edited by mrdavebasshead75

Is your fuse popped between the the 2 batts? Sounds like an issue with your pos wire from front batt to pos in back batt. Usually it's maybe like a .1 or .2 of a volt difference but 2 whole volts is wrong. Mixing wet cell and agm is a bad idea in the first place man. Switch that stock to agm pronto.

Edited by Ballen194

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

All fuses are good and I know about mixing batteries but 1, I have no dry cell charger, 2, hardly can afford another dry cell,3, I hear of people mixing batts all tje time. Should I just take everything back out?

I checked again and its reading about the same unhooked. Front is 14.7 and rear is 12.9. When I hook it back up it reads 12.5 and it dips down to 11.4 sometimes when its playing. And no, I dont have the back batt grounded to the frame. From what I read on here, front battery ground to back ground was ok.

I did check my power wire and it has a tire scuff from where it was ran underneath my old car. Some wires got exposed and I just wrapped electrical tape around it. All my other 1/0 is brand new. Thought I could save this one from my old system. Should I replace this?

Edited by mrdavebasshead75

All fuses are good and I know about mixing batteries but 1, I have no dry cell charger, 2, hardly can afford another dry cell,3, I hear of people mixing batts all tje time. Should I just take everything back out?

People mix batteries all the time because either 1, they dont know the risks of mixing batts. Or 2, they know the risks but do it anyway. The wet cell WILL shorten the life of that agm. If you want to have a battery at all for car audio I'd replace that wet cell with another agm or switch it out with that bt100 and rid that wet cell all together. That agm is much more expensive than that stock batt man. It's doing yourself a favor.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

@Ballen, yeah my whole plan is to have 2 agm batteries but money is tight right now. So my best bet is to just take the batt back out and go soundless again til July after my wedding. Better to be safe than sorry!

@Ballen, yeah my whole plan is to have 2 agm batteries but money is tight right now. So my best bet is to just take the batt back out and go soundless again til July after my wedding. Better to be safe than sorry!

That'd be your best bet unless you can get it under your hood? And a tried and true charger for your agms is the battery tender plus. I use it and it does damn well. You should be able to pick it up for 40 bucks at amazon.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

That'd be your best bet unless you can get it under your hood? And a tried and true charger for your agms is the battery tender plus. I use it and it does damn well. You should be able to pick it up for 40 bucks at amazon.

lol, nope, wont fit!! TOO big! Well hopefully my buddy Eric can hold his BT-60 a little while longer and ill be able to squeeze that in the front, ill replace the power cable and ground my rear battery to frame! Ill also check out that battery tender plus!!