Sonic Electronix

I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is, Oh and how are you running your rca's? I'm thinking if your running them to the more powerful 1 first that it's not putting out the same voltage as it's getting causing the 2nd amp to output less power. just a guess

I am not running two amps. This is just a question for example

Amp 1 : 4000 rms @ 1 ohm 2000 rms @ 2ohm

Amp 2 : 4000 rms @ 1 ohm 3000 rms @ 2 ohm

What makes amp 2 put out more power at 2 ohm.

assuming the numbers are good , it probably comes down the amp designs and components used to make the amps .class d amps very from one to next . most of them you see have a slug of mosfets and then you look at an mrp-m500 and it only has like 8 total some amps have more capacitors inside than others , . there are many factors in play with how an amp performs and i wish i could tell you more but i am learning myself . you should check out some amp guts and maybe you notice some differences from one amp to the next

I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is, Oh and how are you running your rca's? I'm thinking if your running them to the more powerful 1 first that it's not putting out the same voltage as it's getting causing the 2nd amp to output less power. just a guess

I am not running two amps. This is just a question for example

Amp 1 : 4000 rms @ 1 ohm 2000 rms @ 2ohm

Amp 2 : 4000 rms @ 1 ohm 3000 rms @ 2 ohm

What makes amp 2 put out more power at 2 ohm.

Ahhh ok I'm sorry I was thinking you had this issue in your current build. Now that I understand the question better, I would agree with skittles. But I'm pretty sure some companies idea of power is different then some others.

Hopefully I will be able to get to a laptop later tonight. But in the meantime, let me partially answer your question with another question. What do you think of RF and JL amps which have been able to keep power similar at 1 and 2 ohms? Look into input sensitivity, regulated power supplies, and regulated voltage.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Hopefully I will be able to get to a laptop later tonight. But in the meantime, let me partially answer your question with another question. What do you think of RF and JL amps which have been able to keep power similar at 1 and 2 ohms? Look into input sensitivity, regulated power supplies, and regulated voltage.

Found some info on here which makes a little more sense to me now

http://www.bcae1.com/regunreg.htm