Sonic Electronix

here is my setup in the way of bass.

2X Jl Audio 12w6v2

1200/1 HD amp

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the full 600 watt rms to each of the subs?

The person ho installed said that it isn't possible because the amp is only 1.5 ohm stable or something like that. Any JL Audio people out there that can help me out? Im getting maybe 400 watts to each sub and one of them just blew. I am thinking that may have had something to do with it being underpowered??

Thanks

techincally speaking, you wouldnt know if you have the amp pushing 600w to the subs. there is a lot more than just what your subs are wired to, you have box rise(what IF the rise is more than 4 ohms?), voltage drop, resistance in the wire itself...etc. but 9/10 subs blow because of clipping. you will not know that you are clipping until you smell the coils pretty good, or if its too late. and even if it had like 600-900w, its how you have the gain tuned.

next time, try doing some research, and learn to do the install yourself and do the sub wiring too. now you see the risk of having it "professionally" installed, you would blame the installer for something they did, or what you did (having the deck volume at full tilt to the max)....

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

You sure as hell can have it wired to 1 ohm. If you didn't install it then don't tell us that you can't have it wired that low. I'm guessing gains weren't set right, you were clipping the subs. They blew.

Im saying that it says right on Jl Audio's website that anything under 1.5 ohms can cause damage to the amp.

Also man, being as nice as I can the dude that set up your speakers could have POSSIBLY not known what he was doing.. or just didn't care. If it's a shop then take it back.

I have gone back to him several times for random "problems". He is getting tired of seeing me. He always tells me JL Audio sucks. I just don't think he knows how to install it the right way

he probably wired it to 1 with some 22 gauge speaker wire so the amps probably seeing 5 ohms or so if i had to guess.

Edit for nonsensical post

the wire would melt

Not before his 24 gauge ground ;)

My ground wire is Jl Audio 1/0 gauge

here is my setup in the way of bass.

2X Jl Audio 12w6v2

1200/1 HD amp

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the full 600 watt rms to each of the subs?

The person ho installed said that it isn't possible because the amp is only 1.5 ohm stable or something like that. Any JL Audio people out there that can help me out? Im getting maybe 400 watts to each sub and one of them just blew. I am thinking that may have had something to do with it being underpowered??

Thanks

techincally speaking, you wouldnt know if you have the amp pushing 600w to the subs. there is a lot more than just what your subs are wired to, you have box rise(what IF the rise is more than 4 ohms?), voltage drop, resistance in the wire itself...etc. but 9/10 subs blow because of clipping. you will not know that you are clipping until you smell the coils pretty good, or if its too late. and even if it had like 600-900w, its how you have the gain tuned.

next time, try doing some research, and learn to do the install yourself and do the sub wiring too. now you see the risk of having it "professionally" installed, you would blame the installer for something they did, or what you did (having the deck volume at full tilt to the max)....

I am breaking in the subs still till one blew. I went back every week or so to have my gain turned up a little more at a time as the subs loosened. Is this the proper way?

trollololololol jl doesn't suck the installer sucks. and really, you take it back for the gain knob to be turned? you don't have a damn screwdrive lol. and no, you set the gains once with a dd-1, o-scope, or by ear but you also remember it's not a damn volume knob so don't max it out.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

trollololololol jl doesn't suck the installer sucks. and really, you take it back for the gain knob to be turned? you don't have a damn screwdrive lol. and no, you set the gains once with a dd-1, o-scope, or by ear but you also remember it's not a damn volume knob so don't max it out.

Take a look at my setup and you will know why I take it there. I know how to do it it's just my amps are under an amp rack and to get to them is a pain.

Take a look at my setup and you will know why I take it there. I know how to do it it's just my amps are under an amp rack and to get to them is a pain.

So what's your question here.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

its perfectly fine, i deal with JL on a daily basis. it is either user error or installer error

468x60drc.jpg

Archived