Sundown Audio

Power Aoustik A3000db

thegr8cody

I know, but you said it yourself, they are much better quality amps. The sundowns I was running were running in a car where 4 of them were run @ .35 ohms. I know the owner of Sundown said he would only warranty amps @ that ohm load if they had a charging system he thought would support that.

Jacob does not warranty them under 1ohm anymore. people always wanna push the limits of whats an adequate charging system so that offer is no longer valid.

Bottom line is that Power Acoustic is weak and is no good!!

I beg to differ. they wont do rated power, but then again 90% of the brands out there dont do rated power in normal uses. Weak, and no good? I just dont see it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

i wouldnt say 90 percent, id say "budget amps"

I will admit that, but a vast majority of people are running what you would consider budget amps, then.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

i ran the map and loves it but more 50 more dollars on ebay you can get a kicker 1500 which is a better brand and underrated and i'd rather say i was hitting whatever i was with 1500 then 3000 watts.i've had plenty of people saying thats why its so loud its an 18 and a 3000 watt amp but when i had a 1600 they were like damn my 1600 watts dont sound like that lol

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

I will admit that, but a vast majority of people are running what you would consider budget amps, then.

i dont agree that the vast majority of peopel are running "budget amps". I do think that people want somethign for nothing though and thats why they are so popular

i dont agree that the vast majority of peopel are running "budget amps". I do think that people want somethign for nothing though and thats why they are so popular

You can think whatever you want. I think there are far more people working on budgets where they can not afford to spend $6,7,800 dollars on 1 amp. Sure many people can, but more people cant.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Bottom line is that Power Acoustic is weak and is no good!!

I guess you dont realize that that PA amp is the same amp as about 5 other companies, that cost up to 3 times more retail. Its the same amp as Planet Audio, Soundstream, Visonic I think, Oz Audio, and a few other brands.... These days there is no (very few) ORIGINAL product on the street. Most parts of most everything are shared among most companies. One of the most original amp companies I can think of (with out going over budget like TRU, Hexi, Audison) Is Zed audio amps. Yet Zed, engineers amps for alot of companies, his particular amps are 100 % original

But he started off designing amps in South Africa, and then moved opver to Hifonics I believe in the early 80s, and just took his knowledge on his own

Yes, the PA amps are crap, the ones that are below the DB series amps, but they needed a actually good comp amp, so they bought the boards from whoever made the boards, and came out with thier own amp cases

That simple

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.