WTFFFFF PROBLEMS WITH REMOTE WIRE!!!

So I have this problem and I am very very confused...

I rewired my remote and RCA connections the other day after I got my new sub and amp in. All of a sudden the remote from the HU doesn't turn on this new amp. I tried wiring it from the red and blue wire. The amp works when I run the same remote wire from the battery in the trunk straight to the amp. My previous setup I had a 50watt 8in bazooka tube and the remote on that never had any issues, it just worked. WTF is going on with my system, It's like the voltage from the remote on the HU isn't great enough to turn on the amp??? Here are some pics of the amp:

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Make sure your HU is not in demo mode? i know mine won't power the remote if its in demo mode. Maybe if you disconnected the battery at some point

The remote is usually a blue wire with a white stipe from the HU.

Edited by Amart88

I'll give that another look and try that because after hooking everything back up it automatically goes into demo mode and thats when I gave it a try. I'm pretty sure it's not on demo mode now but I'm stil not getting anything. Battery was disconnected multiple times, I have a circuit breaker as opposed to a fuse

I'll give that another look and try that because after hooking everything back up it automatically goes into demo mode and thats when I gave it a try. I'm pretty sure it's not on demo mode now but I'm stil not getting anything. Battery was disconnected multiple times, I have a circuit breaker as opposed to a fuse

If allelse fails, Try hooking the remote wire to another source, find a fuse thats only on when the key is on and run it there, Just wrap the wire around the cold side of the fuse and stick it back in. If It still don't work than you know it's not the HU,

Edited by Amart88

If allelse fails, Try hooking the remote wire to another source, find a fuse thats only on when the key is on and run it there, Just wrap the wire around the cold side of the fuse and stick it back in. If It still don't work than you know it's not the HU,

The "cold side" being that side that is closer to the accessory?

The "cold side" being that side that is closer to the accessory?

The side that will lose power if the fuse blows.

Have you checked for power at the back of the HU to make sure it's not just the remote wire broken somewhere in between?

Edited by 727Designs

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Have you checked for power at the back of the HU to make sure it's not just the remote wire broken somewhere in between?

I did, before I installed the remote wire, it was being used to turn on the amp, but it was ghetto-rigged and hooked up t the battery in the back instead of the HU. Before this instal the remote turned on the bazooka tube just fine.

I'll get pics up later of me trying to diagnose the problem :/

Edited by Crandis16