Dual XDMA5280 Head Unit Clipping Volume?

Get it scoped or DD1'ed yourself OP. I wouldn't trust someone elses numbers. Not every deck is IDENTICAL, hence the need the to scope your own or DD1 your own. I wouldn't trust a cheap ass deck to one unit before its max setting. I won't even trust my Kenwood eXceon units past 30/35 on HU volume, just to always be safe. My feeling is that there is NO way a Dual HU is safe at one click below max. NO WAY

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have that unit at my work. It highest I could get the volume before it clipped on all eq settings was 28. No matter what it clipped higher then that. Now we have it on our wall. So maybe in a car with the car electrical and not how it is on show at my shop it might be different. It is also our biggest returned product for screen failure. So hope yours works good for you...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Get it scoped or DD1'ed yourself OP. I wouldn't trust someone elses numbers. Not every deck is IDENTICAL, hence the need the to scope your own or DD1 your own. I wouldn't trust a cheap ass deck to one unit before its max setting. I won't even trust my Kenwood eXceon units past 30/35 on HU volume, just to always be safe. My feeling is that there is NO way a Dual HU is safe at one click below max. NO WAY

Its clean 43/46 with flat EQ. . . . with a DD1. and i agree with he should DD1 or something. but it just gives him a safer idea than pretty much anything else. he can take it as he pleases....

I have that unit at my work. It highest I could get the volume before it clipped on all eq settings was 28. No matter what it clipped higher then that. Now we have it on our wall. So maybe in a car with the car electrical and not how it is on show at my shop it might be different. It is also our biggest returned product for screen failure. So hope yours works good for you...

which HU? mine or the OP's? haha

and what clipped, the RCA's or HLO??

Edited by Mikey Bates

which HU? mine or the OP's? haha

The op's. They are suppose to be redoing the unit. At-least the e-mail the company sent out said they are changing that model a little.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Its clean 43/46 with flat EQ. . . . with a DD1. and i agree with he should DD1 or something. but it just gives him a safer idea than pretty much anything else. he can take it as he pleases....

There are a few guys on this forum, whose numbers I'd feel safe with, you are not one of them. Not trying to sound harsh, but i don't know your ability to follow the instructions that were given with the DD1. I wouldn't want to take responsibility and tell someone where they were safe either. What if OP follows your suggestions and pops his speakers because of clipping. I wouldn't be cool with giving someone the info that you are giving.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.