Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

budget? and agreeing with the others, theres really no need to have a backup battery.

I already have the battery so I am putting it to good use. And I go to a lot of shows and run my system. When the car won't start I will push a button and it will switch batteries.

Or figure out what's wrong with your car, and fix it.

Where would you even find a switch that can handle that many amps?

Its just going to be a button that switches the power. My mechanic friend has it all planned out. He knows way more about batteries than I do.

if you wanna run a different set of batteries for the audio only, might as well get another seperate alt that charges at 16 volts and get some real power!!!

it wasnt running just off the 600. it was running off of your whole electrical...

did you even have any voltage drop??

Ya starts at around 13.9 and when a low note hits goes down to about 11.8-12.1

All my lights inside and out dim and I even have a capacitor!!!!

caps dont help in your situation...

well if your friend has it all figured out i stand with my previous statement. get the biggest one you can afford

also how are you going to keep this battery charged if its not connected to the alt. you going to charge it every night while you sleep?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

budget? and agreeing with the others, theres really no need to have a backup battery.

I already have the battery so I am putting it to good use. And I go to a lot of shows and run my system. When the car won't start I will push a button and it will switch batteries.

that little shuriken 600 wont do shit for a decent stereo with the car off. you DO realize that forcing your alternator to charge a dead battery seriously fucks the alt up? they aren't designed whatsoever to charge a dead battery. they're designed to keep a float charge on the battery, keeping it topped off. you're going to be paying out the ass for new alts every couple months or year or two.

The whole thing is getting rewired. This is how the genius audio guy rigged it up. He had the whole system running off of that 600

no....what the fuck? you said the "genius" installer hooked the 600 up to the front battery. which is what you're SUPPOSED to do. so that the alt charges both batteries at the same time. the whole system wasn't just being ran off that 600. if it was, the shit wouldn't even work for a half hour before the amps protect from low voltage.

do you even have the big 3 done? a crapacitor wont help whatsoever in your case.

just stop for 5 minutes and read what we said. we know what the fuck we're talking about. and it doesn't sound like you really do.

answer me this. what shows are you going to that requires you to have your car off while playing music? is your car all fiberglassed inside and the custom work cost you like 30 grand or something? is it one of those shows where there are like hundreds of people that are going to be staring at your interior? if not, then you have absolutely 0 need for an isolator.

literally that little ass battery will keep your stereo alive for under an hour. if that.

^^^ Kranny knows his shit, ive learnt a ton from stuff hes said and it wasn't even related to my build. Can you draw us a diagram of how everything is going to be wired so we have something to work off?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

do you even have the big 3 done? a crapacitor wont help whatsoever in your case.

just stop for 5 minutes and read what we said. we know what the fuck we're talking about. and it doesn't sound like you really do.

Im doing the big 3 very soon. Have all the wire for it.

answer me this. what shows are you going to that requires you to have your car off while playing music? is your car all fiberglassed inside and the custom work cost you like 30 grand or something? is it one of those shows where there are like hundreds of people that are going to be staring at your interior? if not, then you have absolutely 0 need for an isolator.

literally that little ass battery will keep your stereo alive for under an hour. if that.

I am not required to have the car off? I just like to sometime so Im not burning up fuel

Archived