looking to hit 150 db

don't listen to the haters! No reason not to set goals and reach for them. I bet you can pull it off with some work and your current equipment.

From the pics it looks like you could use some more port area for sure. I dont know much about your subs though. Read up here and take your time before rushing into a rebuild.

just realized this was a kick score...sealed up 150 legal will be tough but still no reason not to try

im not to worried about haters. i have enough in the 2 cities ive lived in lol

how much more port would i need though?

Orion HCCA 15.4 2000 rms i believe it was 3 1/2 in excursion? i dont pay attention anymore. i just turn it up and smile at the person next to me whose mirrors are shaking like mine ^^

Just a thought, but in a big boxy vehicle like that, the roof is going to want to flex. Try pointing the subs/port in a different direction to avoid this loss.

right, i was looking at others ports. like facing the tailgate.

Is this box in the suzuki? It looks like a different vehicle. Ok first what your going to need to do is to research your vehicle resonant frequency if you can't get a shop or friend to help find it with you. That box with those 15's in it looks to be tuned to like low 30's in the hz range. Another enclosure similar in size to that one with a common non seperated chamber and single slotted center port firing to the rear/top between woofer. The port placement you may have to test I think top firing will be more effective. The port will need to be 6 inches wide By the height of your box and the depth tuned to your desired frequency. That can be figured by most box calculators you can find on sites these days.

Another option if you feel you posses the skill is to open up the ports on your current box and retune those ports. For single sub each needs to be opened up to 4 inch wide minimum for each sub. The depth of your new inner wall will be the the tuning depth. Not sure what the dimensions are on your current box but... cutting till you have a 4 inch opening on each side of the enclosure then making a new wall which will come from front face and stop 4 inches from the rear of the box will give you back your new lowest tuning frequency plus move you MORE air.

Thats an idea for you if your up to it.. Give us the box outter dimensions and port width and we can figure what your box tune is and what a adjusted figure will be. Also A 150 in the kick is a more resonable goal then a 150 on the dash which is much harder! On average a dash to kick score is 2.5db different with the kick score being higher by 2.5 usually.

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

Is this box in the suzuki? It looks like a different vehicle. Ok first what your going to need to do is to research your vehicle resonant frequency if you can't get a shop or friend to help find it with you. That box with those 15's in it looks to be tuned to like low 30's in the hz range. Another enclosure similar in size to that one with a common non seperated chamber and single slotted center port firing to the rear/top between woofer. The port placement you may have to test I think top firing will be more effective. The port will need to be 6 inches wide By the height of your box and the depth tuned to your desired frequency. That can be figured by most box calculators you can find on sites these days.

Another option if you feel you posses the skill is to open up the ports on your current box and retune those ports. For single sub each needs to be opened up to 4 inch wide minimum for each sub. The depth of your new inner wall will be the the tuning depth. Not sure what the dimensions are on your current box but... cutting till you have a 4 inch opening on each side of the enclosure then making a new wall which will come from front face and stop 4 inches from the rear of the box will give you back your new lowest tuning frequency plus move you MORE air.

Thats an idea for you if your up to it.. Give us the box outter dimensions and port width and we can figure what your box tune is and what a adjusted figure will be. Also A 150 in the kick is a more resonable goal then a 150 on the dash which is much harder! On average a dash to kick score is 2.5db different with the kick score being higher by 2.5 usually.

the box is in a 2005 dodge durango, the current boxes port is tuned to 32. so do you think i should keep them both at 3.6 cu ft? (7.2 overall)

basically remake this box but with a different port position and tuning.

Looks like it's meant for the extreme lows. An that port length and depth of the box is gonna make for a hard box build for you but doable. Should give you what you want out of it. What program is that your using and where do you get it?

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

Looks like it's meant for the extreme lows. An that port length and depth of the box is gonna make for a hard box build for you but doable. Should give you what you want out of it. What program is that your using and where do you get it?

torres' box calculator,

you can get it on here. ive had it for awhile now.

http://www.stevemead...ing-calculator/

dont forget after you have it to put .exe at the end.

i think the lows sound better, just my opinion ^^

Archived