looking to hit 150 db

hey im looking at making a new box for my 2 orion hcca 15.4s right now they are in a 3.6 cu. ft box tuned to 32 hz.

i hit 146.8 @ 42hz yesterday on my friends TL and now i want to try and hit 150.

i have the 2 orions hooked up to a lanzar optidrive 6000 wired at 1 ohm. 4 batteries 1 optima yellow 1 red and 2 kinetik hc3800s. i bought a HO alt from napa.. and its basically the same as the stock.. im going to be getting a 400 amp alt from the audio dealer here in town.

all 1/0 gauge wire speaker wire is 8 gauge. this is in a 2005 dodge durango. i have cache deadshiled on all the doors and the roof. used to have a dvd player but i broke that :/

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A 150 should be obtainable now with you current equipment. Can you provide pictures and Voice coil configuration? The Amplifier your running is stable at Half ohm So you have more power on tap You just need to be able to wire down into it. You want to also find out your resonant frequenc and build a box within 8 hz of it to get maximum output. Port placement is also key! Give us more info and should get you there.

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

A 150 should be obtainable now with you current equipment. Can you provide pictures and Voice coil configuration? The Amplifier your running is stable at Half ohm So you have more power on tap You just need to be able to wire down into it. You want to also find out your resonant frequenc and build a box within 8 hz of it to get maximum output. Port placement is also key! Give us more info and should get you there.

see thats where you lose me lol i still have alot to learn..i dont know how to find my resonant frequency.. the subs are DVC 4 wired down to 2 and ran into the amp making it 1 ohm. i didnt see a rating below 1 ohm in the manual for the lazar so i didnt think about going half.

the room i have to work with in the back is 45 in width 22 height and 20 depth. outer dimensions.

i have seen ports facing back to create a "load" i havent studied into this yet but i am now.

hey im looking at making a new box for my 2 orion hcca 15.4s right now they are in a 3.6 cu. ft box tuned to 32 hz.

i hit 146.8 @ 42hz yesterday on my friends TL and now i want to try and hit 150.

i have the 2 orions hooked up to a lanzar optidrive 6000 wired at 1 ohm. 4 batteries 1 optima yellow 1 red and 2 kinetik hc3800s. i bought a HO alt from napa.. and its basically the same as the stock.. im going to be getting a 400 amp alt from the audio dealer here in town.

all 1/0 gauge wire speaker wire is 8 gauge. this is in a 2005 dodge durango. i have cache deadshiled on all the doors and the roof. used to have a dvd player but i broke that :/

Where was the mic placed when you got this reading? What kind of head unit are you running? Pics ob box and full build will greatly help out as well.

Where was the mic placed when you got this reading? What kind of head unit are you running? Pics ob box and full build will greatly help out as well.

the mic was at the passenger kickpanel HU is a pioneer from walmart.. dont have the model on hand. i gotta figure out how to get pics on here >.>

that 400a alt wont do shit for idle.

a 3.2db jump from a box change is a HUGE jump.

BOTH subs are in a 3.6cuft box? thats fucking small dude.

Archived