I've got a multi stage tuner chip on the way but I'm wondering what else I should do. I did an emissions delete to let it breath a little better. Still got the evap and EGR but no cat. Thinking about a cam and an adjustable cam gear. Got a higher quality OEM style coil on it and put the timing on 0 tdc instead of 15 past that way it can fire from 0 on instead of 15 on. It's OBD 1 so it only adjusts about 25 degrees. Thinking mild 280 or 285 intake and 260 or 265 exhaust mild cam. Stock cam is 255 intake and 240 exhaust.

if your timing was @ 15deg before and you put it to zero you will lose alot of power

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

I've been through this with the 4.3 Liter. My suggestion is to shoe horn a 350 in there.

It takes bank to make a 4.3 do what a 350 can on the cheap. Unfortunate, but a fact....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i had a k1500 pick up which had the 4.3 (tbi) at one time , thought about trying to find more power , didn't find very much for the 4.3 as far as performance parts . plenty of stuff for 350's. as far as i know the 350 and the 4.3 will share the same bell housing . my understanding is the 4.3 was the result of removing 2 cyl of a v8 . my hunch is that to get some ponies out of a 4.3 would be a big project , the kind that involves some learning .

always thought it would be fun to build a turbo v6 though .

if you were going to put a vortech 350 in a blazer i would look for an engine and tranny out of a gmc or chevy 2500 because the tranny is more likely to be a 4l80e which is a beefier trans

Edited by b-dubs89

I hope you're running quality gas if you advanced it that far... Bye bye motor...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 3 weeks later...

Trubo like the GMC Typhoon... Love those things.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.