Sundown Audio

AQ2200 is too much for that....and be careful on your AQ1200...if you are wiring it to get full 1200watts you need to make sure you watch it or its gonna get stinky pretty fast.

3 cubes seems big to me...

Right now I'm at 1.66 tuned 33hz and it sounds pretty damn good and even from 30 to 60. By ear it peaks about 40hz if I do a sweep 30-50.

I'm building a new box that I'm planning on giving to whoever buys my SA-12. Going to be 2ft cubed tuned at 30 or 32....but it should give a little more of a peak low end wise than the 1.6cubed box. 3 seems really big to me though.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

AQ2200 is too much for that....and be careful on your AQ1200...if you are wiring it to get full 1200watts you need to make sure you watch it or its gonna get stinky pretty fast.

3 cubes seems big to me...

Right now I'm at 1.66 tuned 33hz and it sounds pretty damn good and even from 30 to 60. By ear it peaks about 40hz if I do a sweep 30-50.

I'm building a new box that I'm planning on giving to whoever buys my SA-12. Going to be 2ft cubed tuned at 30 or 32....but it should give a little more of a peak low end wise than the 1.6cubed box. 3 seems really big to me though.

It's 3 cubes for a pair. 1100 watts each isn't too much, and the won't get stinky if he sets his gains right. They have no problem taking that much (clean) power

and why would my subs get stinky on my aq1200? only if im clipping the fuck out of them and im not, they have yet to get warm on me.

only time they get warm is from it being hot out and the sun beating on my trunk but that is normal with any system.

and no 3 cubes is not small at all, the box im getting is 3.73 cu feet tuned at 34 with 6inc areoport and the guy from sundown said that is a perfect box..

sundown recommends 1.5-2ft^3 net volume. I mean this might work for a 15 (I think 2-3ft^3 net volume) but this is unnecessary for a single 12. Just mess around on torres calculator until you can get the net volume in the right range, as well as the frequency that you want.

sundown recommends 1.5-2ft^3 net volume. I mean this might work for a 15 (I think 2-3ft^3 net volume) but this is unnecessary for a single 12. Just mess around on torres calculator until you can get the net volume in the right range, as well as the frequency that you want.

Did you see the box he wants? It's for a PAIR of sa-12s :)

Did you see the box he wants? It's for a PAIR of sa-12s :)

lol I clearly missed that, In that case it seems like just enough net volume :) the title threw me off, SA-12 was singular and not plural but I should have clicked on that link