Sundown Audio

Proper BC2000d Set up

Hello, I have a Cresendo BC2000d and my headlight dim bad when it really hits. I'm wondering what else I need to run it properly. I have upgraded the big 3 with 1/0 wire and have the amp hooked up to 1/0 wire. I have stock battery and stock 130 amp alternator. The amp runs at 14.8 volts idle but when it hits hard notes I know the voltage drops because my lights dim BAD. What should I do to fix this? Just upgrade to a better battery? Add another battery? Upgrade alternator? Thanks

you need to upgrade the front battery and add a battery in the rear if you just put another batt in that back it should help and you should add another run of 1/0 just my .02

you need to upgrade the front battery and add a battery in the rear if you just put another batt in that back it should help and you should add another run of 1/0 just my .02

Ok, what would the other run of 1/0 be for? The ground going to the back battery?

Thats a lot of amp for a stock electrical system... more batteries are only a band aid as your alt wont be able to keep up with the draw and you will drain the extra batteries faster than you can recharge them.. so eventually after playing loud for a bit the voltage is gonna drop bad anyway.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i know imma forum noob... but i got the same amplifier.. ive got the big 3 done with knu flex 0ga. and a kinetik hc2000 under the hood. stock alt. no extra batts. and i dont see under 12.5 except on notes right at the LPF >65hz then it starts to get low... but my lights dont dim, electrical is fine.. IS THAT WHAT I WANT!! no... i want a better alternator, i want 2 more kinetiks. but thats about 1500$. just giving you my situation and some possible solutions that wont kill the wallet.. knu flex 0 gauge 4 dollars a foot i bought 12ft. the hc 2k you can get on audiosavings for like 280$. 2 runs of 0 gauge wont do anything if the juice isnt flowing either. start with under the hood battery and big 3..

I ran a 3500 on my stock 140a alt and never went below 13.2v at the inputs on the amp.

Measure your voltage at the alternator, then measure again at the amp and see how much voltage drop you are getting.

Thats a lot of amp for a stock electrical system... more batteries are only a band aid as your alt wont be able to keep up with the draw and you will drain the extra batteries faster than you can recharge them.. so eventually after playing loud for a bit the voltage is gonna drop bad anyway.

would you recommend getting a h/o alternator instead?

I ran a 3500 on my stock 140a alt and never went below 13.2v at the inputs on the amp.

Measure your voltage at the alternator, then measure again at the amp and see how much voltage drop you are getting.

when you say 3500, are you talking about a battery?

i know imma forum noob... but i got the same amplifier.. ive got the big 3 done with knu flex 0ga. and a kinetik hc2000 under the hood. stock alt. no extra batts. and i dont see under 12.5 except on notes right at the LPF >65hz then it starts to get low... but my lights dont dim, electrical is fine.. IS THAT WHAT I WANT!! no... i want a better alternator, i want 2 more kinetiks. but thats about 1500$. just giving you my situation and some possible solutions that wont kill the wallet.. knu flex 0 gauge 4 dollars a foot i bought 12ft. the hc 2k you can get on audiosavings for like 280$. 2 runs of 0 gauge wont do anything if the juice isnt flowing either. start with under the hood battery and big 3..

what do you think about the amp? are you happy with it? i have done the big 3 but i used 1/0 gauge from home depot electrical wire. i used 1/0 welding cable to run from my battery to my amp. a guy who owns a local car audio shop took a look at the wire i used to run my big 3 and said it's no good b/c there are only like 8 big strands instead of hundreds of strands as there is in audio and welding cable. so i am going to redo my big 3 with 1/0 welding cable.

when you say 3500, are you talking about a battery?

no he was running 3500 watts rms

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg