I don't want to repaint my entire car. The paint still looks pretty good on it, but it's obviously pretty faded compared to how it would look new. Ideally, I would like to just get the hood matched to the rest of the car, but I'm not sure a paint shop could really blend it that extreme.

The only two options I have really considered is either a matte black or carbon fiber hood wrap. It's cheap and I guess it would do the trick until I have the money for quality paint on the whole car. I really am not satisfied with the idea though.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

62611929.jpg

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Spray can, flat black. Since it's only temporary.

Temporary could likely be another 3 or 4 years when I finish college. Although maybe I could get the whole car painted professionally next summer.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

A good collision shop could easily blend your hood to the fenders. Trust me on this, plus if you spend a little extra, they may even buff the whole car as a package deal.

Most collision shops have a UV light color matching machine, that when you press it to a buffed flat surface, it will read the different pigments in the paint a come up with a virtually identical color match in which you would spray the hood and blend the tops of the fenders.

Because of the edge of the fender and the slight boxiness, you will hardly see a difference in the color if any.

Ive been painting cars for years and this is actually a pretty easy blend because of the body shape!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Id color match it, flat black would look like its primered.

I thought the same.

A good collision shop could easily blend your hood to the fenders. Trust me on this, plus if you spend a little extra, they may even buff the whole car as a package deal.

Most collision shops have a UV light color matching machine, that when you press it to a buffed flat surface, it will read the different pigments in the paint a come up with a virtually identical color match in which you would spray the hood and blend the tops of the fenders.

Because of the edge of the fender and the slight boxiness, you will hardly see a difference in the color if any.

Ive been painting cars for years and this is actually a pretty easy blend because of the body shape!

Thanks for the advice man. I was worried that because of the age that it would still appear newer than the rest of the paint. But the paint on the car is in pretty good condition, minus some oxidation in the clearcoat from tree sap or something. How much should I expect to pay for a quality job? I was hoping no more than $500.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

You will prolly be right around that ($500) but if you mention the possibility of a full paint in the future, they may hook you up with a buffing!

Sweet man, I'll be sure to throw that in there when I get it done!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring