Second Skin Audio

RT Obcon Labyrinth Ported Box for 2 12" Alpine Type R's

Yeah that's what I have heard also. When I bought them, they were in a ported box. It played rap really well, but I played some rock and dubstep, and the subs were "skipping" notes. It sounded like the music was too fast for the subs to play each note, and blended them together. I don't know if it was a bad box, or those subs just aren't able to play rock and dubstep/house music. I was hoping a sealed box would make the subs quicker and able to hit all the notes.

It's most likely the box they came in.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

It's most likely the box they came in.

it is. those "kits" you buy with like 2 12's that come with a box, the box is complete shit and not suited for practically any woofer on the market.

I probably shoud go with ported then. Its just a lot more important to me to hear each note. But I don't really have much option of building one right now. Since they are fairly common subs, do you think there are any decent prefab ones available?

I think you should just build your own box, prefabs are always junk, even the expensive boxes like Bass Box Pro is junk also.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived