Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

your discovery is wrong. hence why im telling your dumb ass otherwise. you didn't make a "discovery". you just found a worse way to control gains.

i seriously cant wait til you come back saying your $700 worth of equipment is ruined. and i'll sit here and laugh and laugh and laugh.

i refer back to my "tuned by ear" picture.

Holy fucking shit.

Kranny I hope you dont have kids.

If I was in your position with kids I would have punched one in the face and locked them in the fridge by now out of frustration.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

your discovery is wrong. hence why im telling your dumb ass otherwise. you didn't make a "discovery". you just found a worse way to control gains.

i seriously cant wait til you come back saying your $700 worth of equipment is ruined. and i'll sit here and laugh and laugh and laugh.

my discovery is wrong?

read what the original "discovery" was.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

If you were to say "i made a discovery today, I played russian roulette and won, i can win every time" and someone came in and said "you are an idiot stop before you kill yourself" would you blow them off too?

my discovery is wrong?

read what the original "discovery" was.

yeah, which was essentially telling everyone that you dont know how to tune anything to save your life.

If I remember correctly via the dd1 instructions you're suppose turn the knob up halfway and tune the amp but Sheena the part you're missing that Kranny is infuriatingly trying to explain to you is that if for any reason the wire gets pinched or unplugged your amp would instantly go to playing at max and you will fry everything. The biggest issue with your philosophy is it is not thought out all the way you missed the cons in your logic and they out weigh the pros. Not to mention the knob can get bumped as well. Do yourself a favor and tune at the amp. Don't destroy your system man its an expensive investment you don't want to have to make a second time. I get what you're trying to do but in the eloquent words of Kranny its dumb as shit. I hope you would reconsider your logic so you can continue to enjoy your bass.

agreed with the wire pinching, but if my wire ever is in a pinching situation, ill be out more than a $400 amp. (wire secured into place with zip ties under the carpet)

krannys telling me how to tune my system.. which is not why i made this thread, which is why im ignoring/pushing his advice away.

if i made a thread asking for help, then yeah, he can be mad.. but i didnt.

you will be making a thread asking for help

3 weeks from now when you ask "why do my subs smell like burnt ass hair/cheese "

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived