Second Skin Audio

How many cubes for 4th order?

jeffrm

Like the title says I may try doing a 4th order semi-wall. How should I start? Subs are two atomic 15s amp is rd 1750

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

For a rough estimate, you could build the sealed chambers to spec and use a simple 2:1 ratio for the ported side.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Best bet would to look through the threads posted in the subwoofer/enclosure section. I spent a few hours reading through everything and analyzing pictures of 4th orders. Finally decided to try one myself, didn't turn out too bad.

Basics are to do a 2:1 ratio if you are using low power going to the subs. Find out what would be a good sealed enclosure size for your subs, I'll guess 3 cubes each. so your sub enclosure will be 6 cubes net which will be tuned in the low 30's, then your loading chamber will be 12 cubes net and should be tuned to the mid to high 40's.

If your running a lot off power to the subs then look at doing a 3:1 ratio.

If you have a number for the manufacturer call them and talk to technical support, im guessing they can crank out some numbers for you.

x2 for example, Kickers spec sheet says one thing but I've seen people on here even say once they called them the specs are totally different.

But people usually say 2:1 ratio for beginners.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Archived