Show us your HIDs !!! White Lightning upgrade pg 6

Adapter plate just put whatever headlight bulb your car has now. Wire harness is the same. Whatever bulb your car takes now. Shroud just depends on what looks best to you. IF you have a big headlight try to get an extended or bigger shroud to fill the huge headlights. If you have small headlights go with a smaller shroud like the gatling or graphites.

The Xb35 bulbs are probably 15% brighter.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

Adapter plate just put whatever headlight bulb your car has now. Wire harness is the same. Whatever bulb your car takes now. Shroud just depends on what looks best to you. IF you have a big headlight try to get an extended or bigger shroud to fill the huge headlights. If you have small headlights go with a smaller shroud like the gatling or graphites.

how do I know which shrouds are bigger because idk how to view the different types of shrouds

Not a single projection housing in this thread so far. :(

I will put in projector housings... if you want to pay the $400 for them for me. my diamond cut housings actually focus the beam quite well and actually do have a cutoff beam pattern just like a projector. its not as sharp but its still not just spreading the light everywhere like everyone thinks they do. if people are smart and get aftermarket housings theyre just fine.

how do I know which shrouds are bigger because idk how to view the different types of shrouds

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=30

Not a single projection housing in this thread so far. :(

I will put in projector housings... if you want to pay the $400 for them for me. my diamond cut housings actually focus the beam quite well and actually do have a cutoff beam pattern just like a projector. its not as sharp but its still not just spreading the light everywhere like everyone thinks they do. if people are smart and get aftermarket housings theyre just fine.

Are you being serious!?

Thank you guys for making this a Awesome Thread !!!

Yes, I am just getting started on my truck with this project and will set it up the way it should be ...

My list of things to do to this truck is 4 sure long and distinguished !!!

I mainly started this thread to get ideas with mine and to see have others are doing or have done to their vehicles ...

Again, Thank you SMD !!!

Randal

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yes, I am just getting started on my truck with this project and will set it up the way it should be ...

I mainly started this thread to get ideas with mine and to see have others are doing or have done to their vehicles ...

Again, Thank you SMD !!!

Randal

remember you can ban hamma him at that other site we know each other from :D :D :D :D :D :D

Again, Thank you SMD !!!

Randal

remember you can ban hamma him at that other site we know each other from :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm trying to get you guys to put in a good word for me here ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Are you being serious!?

I will vouch for diamond cut lenses vs stock lenses that have the diffusers or ridges that scatter the light even more.

The shape of the lenses also seems to have a lot to do with it, a lense that is not to high and has very little horizontal relecting will not glare no where near as bad as a housing that is taller and rounded.

Every headlight assembly is no where near the same, some are worse than others. As I stated on the other thread where your acting like a know it all, ive stated my thoughts with pictures.

But what would I know. Ive probably only installed 50-70 sets. retro, stock housings, factory projectors, ebay projectors, aftermarket diamond cuts, and also have a wholesale account with DDM, god is that pricing nice....

Something with rounded headlights like this where the rear reflector is all the way around is going to scatter light more in all directions

560884_394838627206617_117822335_n.jpg

vs a headlight that is not as high and has no horizontal reflectors to reflect the light up into the trees and every where else like these.

564497_394838693873277_388937734463373_1407416_1780399894_n.jpg

and than when you have a oem or replacement headlight assembly with the diffusers in the lense, you will also have a lot more glare due to the diffusers shooting the light all over.

Like these.

1221-0010lr.jpg

In no way am I saying projectors are not the correct way, however everyone does not want to spend the time or money to retrofit their lights or pay someone to do it... IMO I almost think my truck without projectors has a much cleaner cut off than my Cadillac with factory projectors, but again the projectors are made for halogen lighting, not HID, and well the factory halogen projectors seem to be 20X better than the cheap ebay headlight assemblies.

I also have a waiver that I have signed for lighting installs I do (along with illegal window tint, and any sort of underglow lighting) to protect myself, and it says in the waiver that the person paying for the installed product is notified and acknowledges the law.

Im trying to decied if i want to do pure white for my low, highs and fogs or something with a blue tint for the lows and fogs and get a pure white for my brights

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Archived