Sundown Audio

To fuse or not to fuse.

Should you or should you not use a fuse between a battery and your sub amp?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. To fuse or not to fuse?

Just like if you're in the military ... If you think you might need a haricut, GO GET A HAIRCUT !!!

same principle ... when in doubt, FUSE EVERYTHING !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

well i fuse for what my amps draw and my alternator output..

if u guys think thats fine sure go for it.. but ive seen many people around here.. literally melt the amp before the fuse went..and if they would have went with a proper size fuse it wouldnt have happened..

so its like this.. if you guys got say 0g wire..and only using a amp that draws 80amps.. ur still going to put that 250 amp fuse in?

like i said that amp will NEVER trip that fuse unless a complete dead short happens.. (theres a reason why manufacturs include a fuse suited for that amp) they sure dont give you a 300 amp fuse with a amp that draws 80

My amp doesn't come fused, so now what?

then look at what the spec sheet says it draws.. simple as that.. derrrrrr

my sub amp aint fused either..doesnt mean it dont need a fuse

well i fuse for what my amps draw and my alternator output.. if u guys think thats fine sure go for it.. but ive seen many people around here.. literally melt the amp before the fuse went..and if they would have went with a proper size fuse it wouldnt have happened.. so its like this.. if you guys got say 0g wire..and only using a amp that draws 80amps.. ur still going to put that 250 amp fuse in? like i said that amp will NEVER trip that fuse unless a complete dead short happens.. (theres a reason why manufacturs include a fuse suited for that amp) they sure dont give you a 300 amp fuse with a amp that draws 80
My amp doesn't come fused, so now what?
then look at what the spec sheet says it draws.. simple as that.. derrrrrr my sub amp aint fused either..doesnt mean it dont need a fuse

I had something typed out, but then saw this:

___ old equipment list ___

sub amp.. memphis mcd2500d wired at 1ohm

and gave up. I'm trying to figure out on how you wire your amp to any impedance load. :)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

and gave up. I'm trying to figure out on how you wire your amp to any impedance load. :)

you don't... you can switch impediance by channeling your subs... by series or parralel channeling your subs you change theire impediance ergo they let your amp give power at an other impediance...

for example:

a DVC sub @ 2x2ohm put in series give 4ohm... (+1 to -2 then -1 & +2 to amp)

a DVC sub @ 2x2ohm put in parralel gives 1ohm (+1 to +2 & -1 to -2 then wire thru to your amp)

(if i made a mistake feel free to correct me but this is how i do it)

peace

you don't... you can switch impediance by channeling your subs... by series or parralel channeling your subs you change theire impediance ergo they let your amp give power at an other impediance...

for example:

a DVC sub @ 2x2ohm put in series give 4ohm... (+1 to -2 then -1 & +2 to amp)

a DVC sub @ 2x2ohm put in parralel gives 1ohm (+1 to +2 & -1 to -2 then wire thru to your amp)

(if i made a mistake feel free to correct me but this is how i do it)

peace

I know. I was messing with him. It's listed in his sig.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

ow okay hehe

sorry think the brain ain't at full power yet...

only woke up lil over an hour ago...

ow reminds me of yesterday... i was pulling out my instal and some dude stopt next to me..

was bragging bout his lower then low budget instal..

asked him what stats he's running at

and i qoute him

"subs at 4ohm and amp at 1ohm"

i cracked up so heavy that i almost dropped to the sidewalk hahahahaha :roflmao:

Edited by Don_smokey