Sonic Electronix

STINGER ROAD KILL!

extreme pack (36 sq ft) 104 bucks shipped sonicelectronix (i pick mine up for 100 even from a local audio shop that charges me pretty much cost + shipping )

way way better quality than second skin b-stock

and alpha damp is just too damn expensive per sq ft

Yes alpha damp may appear to be expensive....it's really not for the performance you actually receive from it.......Alpha damp is more of an "anti-flex" deadener IMO...Alpha damp would probably be cheaper as compared to applying several layers of other sound deadener to achieve the same results.

and doing a stripper pole (or bracing the roof better) and road kill would achieve better performance than wasting 200+ bucks on alpha damp to "prevent the flex (with this logic i assume we are talking about roof flex)

stinger road kill = 8mil foil

alpha damp =10 mil foil

not gonna say alpha damp isnt worth it but honestly stinger roadkill is just as good and when looking at sq ft prices a bit cheaper

but how many people would add a stripper pole without a wall? ill rather spend the money to add some deadener than doing some modification in my own vehicle.

edit - 25cuft should cover enough of the places that flex (roof and hatch). SS B-stock is B-stock for a reason, isnt up to SS' expectations on the results from its batch which happens once in a huge while. even though i use nothing but audio techinix deadenor, i can still say SS>road kill

stripper poles are only for walls now? hmmm news to me

thats where better bracing (than factory great stuff and shitty beams ) comes in

have you used roadkill lol?

that foil is thick enough to cut your hand (did it already)

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

STINGER ROAD KILL!

extreme pack (36 sq ft) 104 bucks shipped sonicelectronix (i pick mine up for 100 even from a local audio shop that charges me pretty much cost + shipping )

Yes alpha damp may appear to be expensive....it's really not for the performance you actually receive from it.......Alpha damp is more of an "anti-flex" deadener IMO...Alpha damp would probably be cheaper as compared to applying several layers of other sound deadener to achieve the same results.

and doing a stripper pole (or bracing the roof better) and road kill would achieve better performance than wasting 200+ bucks on alpha damp to "prevent the flex (with this logic i assume we are talking about roof flex)

alpha damp =10 mil foil

not gonna say alpha damp isnt worth it but honestly stinger roadkill is just as good and when looking at sq ft prices a bit cheaper

.....Coming from someone who probably (I don't like to assume but I am going to anyway) never used Alpha damp or saw it used. I have experience with the Alpha damp product, both my vehicle and a buddy's vehicle have it in and it kicks ass

only used damplifier pro alitte over a year ago

along with other brands (yes even tried peel and seal 2 years ago lol)

again im not bagging on alpha damp or saying it isnt worth it ( i cant really seeing how i never used it)

but 2mil difference isnt really going to improve much over roadkill

you may never know about that 2mil difference. it can mean A HUGE difference, but also mean nothing. the way to find out is having a third party to test it out. THAT i cannot say if it will because obviously i do not have the equipment to test it myself.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

STINGER ROAD KILL!

alpha damp =10 mil foil

but how many people would add a stripper pole without a wall? ill rather spend the money to add some deadener than doing some modification in my own vehicle.

edit - 25cuft should cover enough of the places that flex (roof and hatch). SS B-stock is B-stock for a reason, isnt up to SS' expectations on the results from its batch which happens once in a huge while. even though i use nothing but audio techinix deadenor, i can still say SS>road kill

thats where better bracing (than factory great stuff and shitty beams ) comes in

never said poles are for walls only. i only asked how many people do you see with a pole without a wall. and tbh, never tried road kill (of coure giving you a bias answer. which will make me go get some to see myself.

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

again just to make it clear

i am not comparing the following

roadkill vs alpha damp (alpha damp has thicker foil and possibly thicker adhesive backing better quality at that???!?!)

id almost say roadkill is better than damplifer pro and damplifier (along with any b-stock due to inperfections lol)

since i only used 60 mil audio techinix i know its better than the 60 mil.... as for the 80 mill i dunno but id love to see some testing!

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

People have cut their hands on 2 mil foil. Didn't cutting hands was a factor when looking at good deadener.

Walls aren't the only builds that use poles, but if you had a dollar for every pole installed in a non wall setup...you'd have...$2? And your logic is just as simple, is the roof the only place that flexes? Will you add a horizontal pole now for doors and hatches?

Let's be honest, deadener can only do so much, but on six 18"s and 12,000 watts there was a completely audible difference from upgrading from roadkill to alpha damp. And a .8db increase on the TL.

I get it, you like roadkill. But please dont pull logic out the ass to try and rationalize your purchase with awkward science. It was cheaper, you got it, done.

I still say Second Skin. I'd much rather have less of the best quality opposed to a lot of a lesser quality.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

STINGER ROAD KILL!

alpha damp =10 mil foil

never said poles are for walls only. i only asked how many people do you see with a pole without a wall. and tbh, never tried road kill (of coure giving you a bias answer. which will make me go get some to see myself.

i have half a sheet ill trade you for something :)

i kept it if anyone wanted to do testing with it

i got some audio technix 60mil and 80mil. (few pieces)

btw, whats the thickness on the adhesive on that roadkill? i only see the thickness on the foil.

People have cut their hands on 2 mil foil. Didn't cutting hands was a factor when looking at good deadener.

Walls aren't the only builds that use poles, but if you had a dollar for every pole installed in a non wall setup...you'd have...$2? And your logic is just as simple, is the roof the only place that flexes? Will you add a horizontal pole now for doors and hatches?

Let's be honest, deadener can only do so much, but on six 18"s and 12,000 watts there was a completely audible difference from upgrading from roadkill to alpha damp. And a .8db increase on the TL.

I get it, you like roadkill. But please dont pull logic out the ass to try and rationalize your purchase with awkward science. It was cheaper, you got it, done.

I still say Second Skin. I'd much rather have less of the best quality opposed to a lot of a lesser quality.

well lets just say it was a pretty deep cut that caused a scar... ( no that has nothing to do with the quality of a deadner lol)

but id love to see someone try to cut there hand on PURPOSE with 2mill of foil (let alone FATMAT which i did try )

ive seen more than 2 vehicles with stripper poles that didnt have walls

(excluding the REAL REAL stripper pole in a limo i got to take to magic city ;p )

not trying to pull science out of my ass but honestly door flex will not stop with alpha damp either lol (assuming where talking about 145+ systems)

and that .8 increase was ONLY cause by the alpha damp?

exactly where i was getting at. even though i use AT, i still got my respects for SS for damn sure.

edit - i really LOL on that horizontal pole placing method you stated.

i got some audio technix 60mil and 80mil. (few pieces)

btw, whats the thickness on the adhesive on that roadkill? i only see the thickness on the foil.

not sure on the adhesive thickness thats why i didnt list it

ill get a pic up of the stuff i have left

qpp7uq.jpg

28rz2pv.jpg

kinda blurry shitty picks its 12am here and my gf woke up from the flash and bitched lol

Archived