Justin Combs gets a scholarship....

And everyone goes crazy.

So apparently Justin Combs, son of Sean "Diddy" Combs, got a $54k merrit scholarship to go to UCLA based on his 3.75 gpa and his footbal abilities and now people are giving him shit for it just because of their financial status. People are going as far as saying he should give it back.

I personally think it's bs. That's basically saying that just cuz Diddy is worth approximately half a BILLION dollars, Justin can be awarded for his personal accomplishments.

What do you guys think?

Here's an article:

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2012/05/30/diddys-son-justin-combs-flack-54k-ucla-scholarship/

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

And everyone goes crazy.

So apparently Justin Combs, son of Sean "Diddy" Combs, got a $54k merrit scholarship to go to UCLA based on his 3.75 gpa and his footbal abilities and now people are giving him shit for it just because of their financial status. People are going as far as saying he should give it back.

I personally think it's bs. That's basically saying that just cuz Diddy is worth approximately half a BILLION dollars, Justin can be awarded for his personal accomplishments.

What do you guys think?

Here's an article:

http://www.ballersta...la-scholarship/

I am not outraged and congrat to the kid for having an awesome GPA. Hey you worked hard you got good grades while playing sports, regardless of who your dad is that is a feat. As for the money I think he should honestly tell the school to give it to someone who actually needs the financial assistance. Hell, we all know is college education and the rest of his life is paid for just off the name, Combs. Take the acceptance to a great school and let another deserving student get a monetary scholarship. The simple fact that he was offered a paid scholarship means someone else who deserves it and needs it will miss out on it. This is not to take away from what he did because again he did and congrats to him for it but he really doesn't need the money Papa Diddy can stroke a check for any obscene amount and laugh it off.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

He did the work and earned the scholarship,so he deserves it no matter what his daddy has.

That's pretty much where I stand on it.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

The fact is he played football....

football=scholarship

His GPA isnt even close to top of his class I'm sure, but football is the reason he got the scholarship. Ive never seen him play football but in pictures he is smaller than his dad...So he must have alot of heart. :rolleyes: I think he should say thanks but no thanks...he drives a car more than that...say thanks for noticing my accomplishments...pass the scholarship on on to a less wealthy individual who is just as hard working. He gets good press and another individual gets a chance at succeeding. 2 birds one stone.

His gpa is mid level when it comes to scholarships. I had a 3.8 in highschool but the absense of sports made it impossible to get any kind of scholarship. Not that I wasn't active...I raced Motocross..snowboard..surf...skate..stand up jetskis and tons of other stuff but not any school sanctioned sports.

This thread will probably be :shtf: real soon.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

And everyone goes crazy.

What do you guys think?

Here's an article:

http://www.ballersta...la-scholarship/

I am not outraged and congrat to the kid for having an awesome GPA. Hey you worked hard you got good grades while playing sports, regardless of who your dad is that is a feat. As for the money I think he should honestly tell the school to give it to someone who actually needs the financial assistance. Hell, we all know is college education and the rest of his life is paid for just off the name, Combs. Take the acceptance to a great school and let another deserving student get a monetary scholarship. The simple fact that he was offered a paid scholarship means someone else who deserves it and needs it will miss out on it. This is not to take away from what he did because again he did and congrats to him for it but he really doesn't need the money Papa Diddy can stroke a check for any obscene amount and laugh it off.

One of the few articles I read said something about it not affecting another students chances at a scholarship or financial aid since it was a merit type award.

But that is was of the only valid point people are bringing it up.

Just seems wrong for them to try to get him to give it back since he's the one that worked for it, not his dad.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

It's merit-based. Every college has a budget and within that budget they have a set amount to give as merit-based scholarship and a set amount to give out as financial aid. If the kid earned a merit-based scholarship for his solid GPA and athletic ability then he absolutely deserves it.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

football=scholarship

His GPA isnt even close to top of his class I'm sure, but football is the reason he got the scholarship. Ive never seen him play football but in pictures he is smaller than his dad...So he must have alot of heart. :rolleyes: I think he should say thanks but no thanks...he drives a car more than that...say thanks for noticing my accomplishments...pass the scholarship on on to a less wealthy individual who is just as hard working. He gets good press and another individual gets a chance at succeeding. 2 birds one stone.

His gpa is mid level when it comes to scholarships. I had a 3.8 in highschool but the absense of sports made it impossible to get any kind of scholarship. Not that I wasn't active...I raced Motocross..snowboard..surf...skate..stand up jetskis and tons of other stuff but not any school sanctioned sports.

This thread will probably be :shtf: real soon.

True about the GPA. But then again, football players tend to just like to "get by" when it comes to grades. But you're right without football his grades probably wouldn't have got him anything.

And I hope the thread doesn't go wrong.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

He did the work and earned the scholarship,so he deserves it no matter what his daddy has.

exactly with hard work come rewards.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

football=scholarship

His gpa is mid level when it comes to scholarships. I had a 3.8 in highschool but the absense of sports made it impossible to get any kind of scholarship. Not that I wasn't active...I raced Motocross..snowboard..surf...skate..stand up jetskis and tons of other stuff but not any school sanctioned sports.on.

You got the point and didn't get it at the same time. It's merit-based. He played sports and was active within the school's community while maintaining a very respectable GPA. 3.75 in high school isn't the most impressive thing in the world but if you are active in other activities that colleges are interested in then they're more likely to throw money your way. The kid might have stellar SAT scores and be president of his class for all we know. If a college gives out merit-based scholarship it's because the kid earned it and it has nothing to do with any other student's potential financial aid offerings.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt