Home listening system, what you got?

i have a pair of cerwin vega e315's and a yamaha htr 5740 home theater receiver and yamaha surround speakers , sold my bsr eq last month due to non use . looking for in the future to get a high powered amp for my vegas as my ht receiver now only yields about 85 watts rms maybe a good powered sub to. have pushed my vegas pretty hard with the limited power of my ht amp and haven't popped a fuse yetDSCF2772.jpg

I got just my surround sound Logitech Z-5500

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

In my game room -

Kenwood KM-X1/KC-X1 6 channel(not 5.1) Power/Pre amp combo and a pair of Sony SS-B3000 Bass reflex Bookshelf speakers

432107_377205228963069_1485850318_n.jpg

Back when I used to use it for my desktop

173073_209732439043683_4517102_o.jpg

Dad's home office -

Early 80's Onkyo integrated 100 watts rms per channel stereo amplifier, and a pair of Lando LA380 Sealed Bookshelf speakers (70's Brazilian speakers back from his day)

The Kenwood does 130 watts rms at 8 ohm in stereo mode, and the Sony speakers sound really good for being $90 a pair, very good highs but needs a subwoofer to fill in the bass which I don't have at the moment.

The Lando speakers are my dad's back from the 70's that I helped him bring home since he loved the way they sound, and they sound really good.

398436_350048731678719_100000207864941_1607014_450693917_n.jpg

This one is the left speaker which is the one in bad condition, the right one is in good condition, and it's taken in my grandma's office back in Brazil, it's a 3 way sealed bookshelf speaker that sounds really good, very well balanced, but also sounds very dynamic, and according to specs, it can do 26hz -20,000hz but being sealed, it slopes down( according to ear) when it goes into the 30's, so when playing songs with deeper bass like rap,dubstep, drum and bass, it doesn't really shine there, but with songs from Pink Floyd and other classic artists, it shines there, which is perfect for my dad. I helped my dad bring them back home, as a christmas gift.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I am sort of surprised with the amount of Polk Audio everybody has. I sort of wonder what everybody listens too also, I know Steve says he only listens to rap for Demos, and I have to agree, if I want to show off Rap is first, but I like to listen to everything else. some of my favorite artists include RHCP, Franz Ferdinand, Blues Traveler, Charlie Daniels, and John Mayer. I also listen to everything from Dubstep to classical.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

I am sort of surprised with the amount of Polk Audio everybody has. I sort of wonder what everybody listens too also, I know Steve says he only listens to rap for Demos, and I have to agree, if I want to show off Rap is first, but I like to listen to everything else. some of my favorite artists include RHCP, Franz Ferdinand, Blues Traveler, Charlie Daniels, and John Mayer. I also listen to everything from Dubstep to classical.

A ton of people have Polk because you can get it on banging deals on newegg and other sites when they have sales. Plus for the money it is pretty solid except the lower end subs they make are shit.

Archived