Sundown Audio

help with precision power 2000.1 sedona

sbg

Ppi doesnt get down on 2 ohms? Wtf? Thats the first time i have ever heard that before. Did he even comment on the fact that your settings are whats causing all the distortion? If your friend owns a shop he should own an o scope, he should know how to tune an amp especially if he is a dealer and honestly your wiring should have never looked like that to begin with if he has his own shop. What kind of HU do you have? The amp being at 2 ohms has nothing to do with it sounding like shit.

well man he did go in and fix up my setting and did some shit with my amp with a o scope , what he did i dont know i have never used one. he said something about 3v but i didnt know what he was talking about. im still newer to this so. and he knows what he is doing man he has a setup that does a 181.4 db and like 4 or 5 other set ups 1 being like 14 15'' sub and 1 is 20 12'' subs . that are all over 150db. he didnt help me out thats for sure but what do u do? all he had to say was that a better HU would be good and that the amp just does not start to put down good power intell 1ohm. he didnt put my wires in i did and thats when i just hooked it up to make sure it was working. the HU is a pioneer dtx something its like the shit line of pioneer. the problem is that i can not make the amp put of high power at the setting i like on my HU. here some pics of his shit. 178965_340856282653002_30374933_n1.jpg547875_340800715991892_237932393_n1.jpg521459_340857165986247_134832995_n1.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

ya thats for sure he told me he could let the 2 15s in box with the DD m3 go for $ 1000 cash but i dont want to spend that kinda cash right now! im saving to take my kid to disney world in florida in like 2 months .. so looks like i will be in the market for a new amp again lol got to sale this one 1st.

I hate Disney World! But probably only because I live in FL... :P Your kid will have a good time.

I'm gonna hate

ya thats for sure he told me he could let the 2 15s in box with the DD m3 go for $ 1000 cash but i dont want to spend that kinda cash right now! im saving to take my kid to disney world in florida in like 2 months .. so looks like i will be in the market for a new amp again lol got to sale this one 1st.

I hate Disney World! But probably only because I live in FL... :P Your kid will have a good time.

i think i will too!! lol i live in iowa, and never have been to FL. so i should be a real good time for us. ...well i im on a mission now to start a new build... all i need is to pick up the new subs i want, and re top a box i have now that i just got built and only used for like 2 months. going to buy some american bass xlf 15s. and try out the ppi on 2 of them they are rated 1000rms each and the ppi puts out a 2000rms so it should be a good setup. here is a pic of the box i got 15 cu. ft. sealed i am going to re top it for 2 15s and put a port in... just need to sale the RE's 1st , i think i got a guy who wants them for $300 in box so i only would have too put in a 100$ and a sheet of mdf and i could be dont thaqt fast!415sbox2.jpghttp://i1153.photobu...31/415sbox2.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Ppi doesnt get down on 2 ohms? Wtf? Thats the first time i have ever heard that before. Did he even comment on the fact that your settings are whats causing all the distortion? If your friend owns a shop he should own an o scope, he should know how to tune an amp especially if he is a dealer and honestly your wiring should have never looked like that to begin with if he has his own shop. What kind of HU do you have? The amp being at 2 ohms has nothing to do with it sounding like shit.

well man he did go in and fix up my setting and did some shit with my amp with a o scope , what he did i dont know i have never used one. he said something about 3v but i didnt know what he was talking about. im still newer to this so. and he knows what he is doing man he has a setup that does a 181.4 db and like 4 or 5 other set ups 1 being like 14 15'' sub and 1 is 20 12'' subs . that are all over 150db. he didnt help me out thats for sure but what do u do? all he had to say was that a better HU would be good and that the amp just does not start to put down good power intell 1ohm. he didnt put my wires in i did and thats when i just hooked it up to make sure it was working. the HU is a pioneer dtx something its like the shit line of pioneer. the problem is that i can not make the amp put of high power at the setting i like on my HU. here some pics of his shit. 178965_340856282653002_30374933_n1.jpg547875_340800715991892_237932393_n1.jpg521459_340857165986247_134832995_n1.jpg

A 181.4 in what event? Is that an official score?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

A 181.4 in what event? Is that an official score?

i dont know about it... i will have to ask him... i think that 1 truck that did this 181.4 is his and his bro together. his has a shop in my town and the bro has a shop in CO.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Was the meter in the port or something. 181 is close to world record status...and he couldnt help you set your GAIN?!?!

I bet the PPI doesnt get down at 1ohm either

only at .5 ohms

:peepwall:

Really though if it puts out rated at 1 ohm it should at 2ohms too. IF it puts out rated.

Why did you say 4gauge terminals...Doesn't it have 0gauge?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You amp has a level sdjustment on the side. Says 5v........ to .2v

adjust that somwhere in the middle where you think 3v/2v would be and go from there.

The guy you bought it from could have it set to 5v because his head unit put out a higher voltage.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Was the meter in the port or something. 181 is close to world record status...and he couldnt help you set your GAIN?!?!

I bet the PPI doesnt get down at 1ohm either

only at .5 ohms

:peepwall:

Really though if it puts out rated at 1 ohm it should at 2ohms too. IF it puts out rated.

Why did you say 4gauge terminals...Doesn't it have 0gauge?

no it will only run for like 2 min @ .5 it does put out the RMS that its rated for. and my levels have been set now. and ya it has 4 gauge terminals and i have 0 ga thats ran to a distrabution block. out of that is 4ga to the amp. and no man im sure the guy is not trying to be a fag and put the meter in the port. there is alot of people that have systems that can do big #'s , i would say 100.000 people or more just becuse the guy is not on this website showing off does not mean it never happened.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Archived