Second Skin Audio

Help me design a box for 3 SA-8s please?

Sorry thought you ment the 45's

Was typing and driving on way to work

The port pieces are 12" high x 8.25" long and rounded on one end

The 45's 12h x 1 19/32 wide with 45 going in

And 12h x 2 59/64 wide with 45 going in

O ok...what if I just did my 45s with the self leveling fiberglass resin technique? I don't have any saws or anything so it would be really hard to get pieces that small cut.... I've read of people just tilting their box at a 45 degree angle and pouring fiberglass resin in the corners and let it dry into a 45... that should work right?

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Never done it that way but do see why I won't work as long as it's strong

You can get it already cut in 3/4 x3/4 from the hardware shop by the ft it's about $2 per ft

Then resion that in if it's easier

You can also get in concaved as well witch is better

Edited by john253a

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't updated this since I started building the box, but so far things have been going well

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

SAZ 1500. The 3 subs will be wired to .67 ohms, but after rise it'll end up ~1ohm give or take. So roughly 1500rms.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

I know, I'm not done. I live in Virginia and we had a massive severe thunderstorm with 75 mile per hour winds which wiped out power to half of VA. Right now we're not expected to get power back for about a week. Me and my family left the house though to go to our beach house where we would have air conditioning so I can't work on it right now. I was planning on rounding the port and doing 45s when I get back.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^