Sonic Electronix

I'm sure this has been talked about before but i had an epiphany just now. I really want a SQ car. I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and running about 600rms and a single 15. I'd like a loud (not spl loud) and crystal clear car for metal,rap,country,blues,jazz,techno, anything! Just a strait up SQ Jeep. Keep in mind I am only 18 and i'm not talking 5k focal shit and all that but you know, the standard works. Anyways, the only thing that isn't settling well is getting that occasional person, that says " My friends got two 12" Kickers and his slams way harder than this! " When indeed my car wouldn't be made to slam, but sound great (which a lot of people don't care about obviously) So. . .Finally, How about having a set up kind of like this?

2 sets of 6.5" Components, 60-100rms each speaker and tweeter with an external crossover

1 10 or 12" sub, sealed and 200-400rms

1 nice 4 channel and mono amp, maybe even a 5 channel

1 15 or 18" sub, ported at let's say 35Hz and aprox 1500rms

and the key to it all, a switch in the remote lead for the big mono, so when you get that doubter, they'll have 1500 of some slamming bass coming very soon

Big 3 will be done, a D6500 under the hood, and probably 1 D3100 in the rear

THOUGHTS?? and I am a noob to a lot of things so feel free to give advice, this is an in moment thought haha

I would do a 3 way setup for frontstage and maybe a set of components for rear fill and everything ran active, I just hope you understand all the processing and work.it takes to make a true sq car. Read read read. I'm not very experienced but I've read enough to understand the basic components of sq which are imaging, staging, and time alignment iirc. I'm sure someone else with much more experience than me can chime in.and point you in the right direction for more information.

Edited by TRTC360

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If you are going for sq, then someone will probably tell you skip the rear fill. cross your sub low as you can to help keep it from being directional. And like trt said, active proccessing. Sound deadener, speaker placement.

3 way as in a 6.5", 2.5(ish), and a tweet right? and spacing it, active setup? whats that. . . heard it, knew it, forgot it lol

Yeah typically a 3 way sq setup would consist of a 6.5, 4" and a tweet. Iirc running active means that each individual speaker has its own dedicated channel on an amplifier.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i dont understand y u would put a 10 or a 12 and a 15 in? your gonna be able to see both the subs so y not just put a 15 in and cut it down, then when you need your doubter button just turn it up lol.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

i dont understand y u would put a 10 or a 12 and a 15 in? your gonna be able to see both the subs so y not just put a 15 in and cut it down, then when you need your doubter button just turn it up lol.

Because typically sealed boxes are used for sq and a sealed box wouldn't give him that bass surprise he's looking for.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Because I'd like a sealed and ported box. . . was thinking of doing s stealth something idk. . . and what TRT said

And ok active, i way over analized that lol, so the 6.5 has a channel, the 4 has one, and the tweet has one? correct. . . .and can you go into detail about the rear fill?

Edited by Mikey Bates

Also, there is always going to be an idiot that says "so and so's system hit harder than this" Take for instance my friend at work. He said his friends explorer is louder then mine cause he can feel the air pressure around him, yet when he sits in mine he says the bass make his ears itch. I mean WTF?! but whatever, I'm not in it for others, I listen for me.