Second Skin Audio

I know people have done it and i want to hear from those people. Im building a box for some 18" fi sp4s on either 2 2200s or 2 3500s. I want an interchangeable port tho so i can change out the ports to tune the freq different when i go to comps rather than jus daily beating. So i want to know how its done if somebody could help me out.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Easiest way is to keep the same length and just change the width (cut down port area).

As far as the tunings - 32-34 is great for music.

SPL tuning will depend on the vehicle.

SP4 is a great daily sub, but if you are going to compete a lot, BTL or Mayhem may be a better choice.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

not gonna be competing alot just for shits and giggles ima build another complete competing build with some btls i think

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

Never personally used the SP4, but I have talked to Scott about it. Should be a low end monster.

Looking at the parameters, it should make a really nice home subwoofer. Large, low tuned cabinet with a 1000 watt plate amp would be killer!

Current system:

Previous systems:

i hope it will be a low end monster. you think with 2 18s and either 5k to 7k amp power to them i can do hairtricks and see the 150's?

Should be right there close.

Current system:

Previous systems:

There are quite a few ways of doing this, th easier way is a removable port, then you can have two or more tunes to you find you liking,

Build it with 2 ports and seal up the one not inuse

Build a removable port that goes inside the other, some times you only need add to one wall of port

what i was thinking of doing was building a port tuned to whatever my resonant freq. is in my truck lets say its 48 hz or 50 hz build the port to do that, then build a smaller width maybe longer port to tune it down to 33-35 hz for daily. Would that work? or would it mess in internal volume up when i add the longer port therefore not letting the subs get what they need? sorry im new to this interchangeable port lol

Tuning freq needs to be a few Hz below the resonant freq, not the same.

Current system:

Previous systems:

i know that....Bump for anybody who can help me with the interchangeable ports. I am just wondering as to how my math should change to account for the ports? Should i shoot for 48 hz without a port in, then when i put a port in it'll be 33 hz???Sound good??????????????????????????????????/