Sonic Electronix

Ok rebuilt my box, hadn't finished up bracing the back wall,(needed glue) was playing it on way to menards, mounting foot broke off my amp, and when that happened amps shut off, everything turns back on, power from amps is still there, but now there's a funny static noise, even at volume zero. On my way backk home to mess with it, figured id ask here and see if anyone else has had same issues or may know

check grounds and you can ground your rca's, should help

This, sounds like it was getting the ground from the mounting bolt.Is it bolted to the cars body?

I've tried the rcas unplugged, more info on my setup 2 aq 2200's on 2 hdc4 18's. I have tried both amp individualy, first amp (the one that's mounting foot did not break) I still get static through woofers at volume level of zero. I tried the second amp same way (volume at zero no rcas) and I got no static, I may have nudge some wires around when hooking second amp up(I hope) so I'm gonna try amp 1 again, only thought I can come up with is a bare wire somewhere. I hope this works cuz I'm no amp docter but I took of the backs and the goods look just as sexy and clean as ever.

Also as far as ground go and mounting points those are both good, right now amps are out on table in garage for easy swapping. First amp seems to causing it, when rcas are plugged in and u turn volume up the static sound get louder. But even with rcas not plugged in the sound is there. Its a mono block amp but I still tried changing up the + and - terminals I was using for the speaker wires , just hoping and that didn't work. This amp is the newest one out of the two and I've had it strapped to the other one as slave since march, never done anything weird till now. Any ideas on things I could do now? Because its obviously comming from the one amp.

Archived