Opinions needed on Knukoncepts KCA wire

figure your current draw will be good up to about 250 amps. I dont really like knu wire. It annoys the shit out of me to work with because they make it oversized and it doesnt fit ring terminals for shit.

That's for sure. I had to buy Knu set screw terminals for every termination in my install (I hate trimming strands) but it was well worth it, they look awesome.

Otherwise, Knu is great all around, I must have a mile of Knu CCA in my car and have never had an issue with it.

I'm gonna hate

if you are running at .5 you had better figure on double the rated 1 ohm current draw. or you will blow things up

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you are running at .5 you had better figure on double the rated 1 ohm current draw. or you will blow things up

If I did 2 runs of KCA from the front battery to the back batteries would that be enough to cover the amperage for the sub amp at .5 and then the 4channel?

for the money and time to install i wouldn't go for cca , you can get a basic 0 gauge amp kit made by rockford fosgate for about $100 give or take , the fact that rf will give an additional year of warranty on their amp for using their wiring kit should suggest that maybe rf's amp wire kits are good quality . here's another thought , when i asked about cca someone answered that 2 runs of 0 gauge cca would equal the capacity of 1 run of copper 0 gauge as far as current capacity in amperage .

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

I'm ONLY talking about Knukonceptz here, not any other brand.

KCA 1/0 Kit is 59.99 (plus like 14 bucks shipping) and is rated to carry 250 amps.

Kolossus Flex is 104.99 (plus the same shipping and is rated to carry 300 amps.

Now you may factor in a little more voltage drop but...50 amps for almost 50 dollars? If you're competing maybe its worth it, but I don't think the average guy with a nice daily system is going to notice. Now if you step it up to 2 KCA kits, they will definitely carry more current than the one Kolossus Flex kit, so...?

I know that the average 1/0 guage wire is rated at 300amps but where did you get that kolossus flex is only rated for 300 amps? Because if you look on their website under specificatios kolossus fleks is rated for 375 amps @ 20ft and you are right about the kca being rated at 250amps. So thats an extra 125amps more that the kolossus flexs (ofc) can cary compared to the kca kable (cca).

Yeah if your going with a crecendo amp than I'm sure you can afford some Kolossus flex. get the Kflex and Knu set screw terminals and you will have a clean install and you will be good with one run front to back.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You lack the electrical to run at .5 why do yu want to do that for.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

figure your current draw will be good up to about 250 amps. I dont really like knu wire. It annoys the shit out of me to work with because they make it oversized and it doesnt fit ring terminals for shit.

I love the wire but I bought 0 gauge lugs and the fucking wire was unbelievably hard to fit, it was awful.

EDIT: my bad, I read it wrong, I've only used fleks not KCA

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

You lack the electrical to run at .5 why do yu want to do that for.

If I end up getting these used subs I will have 4 dual 4 ohm subs which would make me have a .5 load or 2ohm load and the bc2000 wouldn't be enough at 2 ohm. Now if I don't buy the used subs then I'll go with some D2's and wire it @ 1 ohm. I also plan to beef up the electrical when doing this build. Just trying to see what all I need so I dnt spend more money than needed as I'm trying set a budget lol.

Archived