Sonic Electronix

Got the Escalade today, its a real nice car. I'm just curious on how the fuck to even install my head unit in it though. The dash piece is one huge piece which stretches over the steering wheel. To even get access to the real head unit mounting bracket, you need to take the dash trim piece off, but the steering wheel is in the way. How can I get this done, I really am hoping I dont have to remove the steering wheel.

Ok after checking it out a bit more its the shifter that is getting in the way. I even tried throwing it in neutral so the lever is down more and putting the parking brake on but it still doesnt have enough clearing to come out. I feel like a complete fucking idiot, someone help me out here.

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg

Yeap finally got it out, and the kicker is no one in town has a mounting kit and a harness/wire kit for the 03-06 Escalade.

Seriously? those are VERY VERY common parts. they take the same dashkit and harness as tahoes, burbans, yukons, silverados, and sierras... 99-2003 and gmos04 all day...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Yeah funny isnt it? Im guessing they have them in stock, just would rather me take the car in and have them charge me 250 to install it themselves. No thanks. Whats even funnier is my previous car was a 07 Yukon, so the harness kit would of worked, except 07's when they revamped everything.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Yeah funny isnt it? Im guessing they have them in stock, just would rather me take the car in and have them charge me 250 to install it themselves. No thanks. Whats even funnier is my previous car was a 07 Yukon, so the harness kit would of worked, except 07's when they revamped everything.

I hate to say it but did you try best buy or circuit city? you are going to pay a little more, but they should sell them to you.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

EDIT: If anyone can help me out here again and find me on ebay or some other website a mounting kit and also a wiring kit I would appreciate it. I have had no luck at all, cant bring anything up.

teamsundown-1.jpg

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER