Second Skin Audio

Its Just For Some Pioneer 12"s

Forevrbumpn

Iam building a box for a friend, just thought id share. Its a nice lil bandpass build, tuned at 45hz, for 2-12" pioneer 12"s

1.4cf sealed front/3.1cf rear ported

6" port mounted to rear deck adapted to the factory 8" sub location

Even tho this is tuned at 45hz, it should sound pretty clean, guessing from 30-60hz pretty smoothly

Definitly not expecting any high numbers, its just a fun box build

In this pics, the box is already built, and the front panel is already bolted down, tomorrow I will take pics of the panel open, and hopefully loaded with subs

DSCI0071.jpg

DSCI0072.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

^ 1/4-20 brass bolt with wing nuts for the speaker terminals with lock washers

DSCI0074.jpg

DSCI0075.jpg

a look inside since the box is built already

DSCI0076.jpg

^^ T nuts FTW

DSCI0077.jpg

DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0079.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

DSCI0082.jpg

That wood "L" bracket on the top is where the port will be mounted to, that comes last due to placement of port thru the sub mount in the rear deck, to the sub box location

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Damn thats a nice box. Looks complexed as hell though. Mind sharing the drawn out plans if any?

hahah... sure let me make sure it sounds good first

These Pioneers might fit the bill for this box, if not I will have to add some fiberglass in the front chamber, wich I dont wanna do...

If I get my refund before Autorama, my comp box will be simliar in design, and build, just alot bigger, with alot bigger, and longer port area

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Okay, so I finished the box. Its slammmin good!!! But the box is to High Q design, basically a lil peaky. I will end up throwing polyfill in the front side to smooth out the response a lil bit, that or maybe modify the box to a Dual tuned parralell design, so see how that works out....

I personally love the sound of this box, nice constant low bass, but you CAN hear where it wants to get punchy at a higher frequency wich is a lil annoying, but fixed with the crossover adjustments

Remember this box is tuned at about 50hz, andits so clean in the 30's Jeezy and Three6 mofia slammm

here are some newer pics

DSCI0093.jpg

DSCI0099.jpg

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0095-1.jpg

DSCI0100-1.jpg

DSCI0102.jpg

In all honestly, I think Iam gonna mess with bandpass boxes more

this box was designed for SQ, but because of how it played, I do see potential as a SPL box

maybe I will do another deign for another friend of mine with 2-15"s and 4- 6" ports

sundown.jpg

Archived