I use a guy on one of the Chevy truck forums that lives in my area ... his link is on my signature ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Okay so i looked them up and they are all color changing? wat if i want to hook them up to my subs to beat to the bass? can i do that with those?

and can you guys post some links of where i can get 5m or 3m for cheap... red or purple..

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious, how do you hook up the led strips to go with the beat from my subs or does it somehow hook into the hu

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

I see ray lurking :popcorn:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I'm curious, how do you hook up the led strips to go with the beat from my subs or does it somehow hook into the hu

I just hook mine up to the + and - on the amp and boom, flash to the beat

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

I just hook mine up to the + and - on the amp and boom, flash to the beat

Lol, I'll wait for someone to chime in and tell you that's a no no

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so i looked them up and they are all color changing? wat if i want to hook them up to my subs to beat to the bass? can i do that with those?

and can you guys post some links of where i can get 5m or 3m for cheap... red or purple..

i think if you hook them up to the subs it drops to ohm load and with mess the subs up or the amp not 100% but i had a issue in doing that and had to un hook LEDs everyting worked fine so i conected them to the back of the HU where as i dont use the speaker wire outputs because i have a 4 channel amp

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp

• 2 weeks later...

3m 5050's are the only way to go.

Period.

They can be found for 21-22 per 5m

I buy them with 600leds per 5m

3M as in the adhesive company? They make the LEDs or just the adhesive backing? Curious cuz the ones I got were 5050's with 3M backing but have less LEDs

3M makes everything :P

Archived