Sundown Audio

Funds In Hand, Help with Decision

252chevyboyz

going to try and order today and I am thinking about going with soundstream as the Hifonics I've heard are power hungry. I am just new to the soundstream amps and wondering how they perform compared to Hifonics. Better? worse? about equal? I cant seem to find a Crscendo amp for sale for 300 or under

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

crecendo is the best of everything you listed. the mb quart and the hifonics brz/bre are the same amp made by the same company different logo is all. The audiopipe is supposed to do rated but I have no experience with them. Where in NC are you?

I have Soundstream amps and I love them. I like them better than Hifonics to tell the truth I am not a huge fan of Hifonics at all though. I have the Rubicon 2500, Tarantula 2600, Tarantula 2.350 and the Stealth 4.500 all of which are pretty solid performers. I would love to clamp them but I don't have the tools nor the knowledge to do it accurately.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yea I really wanted a crescendo but couldn't find one for $300 and under sadly. I have read about audiopipe and i am not a %100 sold on them. I do know the rub1.2500d is rated with 14.4v which is kinda high. I live in Rocky Mount, NC. Right here by Wilson, NC

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

@IBM: How are they on the electrical system? I have the Big 3 done in 1/0 OFC. Thanks for the reviews though that helped out and I am really leaning towards the Soundstream over Hifonics since I just sold an Autotek Amp I am trying to get away from Maxxsonics. Just not too big of a fan of their amps

Also would you prefer the Tarantula or the Rubicon series?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Tarantula or Rubicon series amps? what would ya'll prefer and which does closer to rated power while still sounding clean?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

@IBM: How are they on the electrical system? I have the Big 3 done in 1/0 OFC. Thanks for the reviews though that helped out and I am really leaning towards the Soundstream over Hifonics since I just sold an Autotek Amp I am trying to get away from Maxxsonics. Just not too big of a fan of their amps

Also would you prefer the Tarantula or the Rubicon series?

soundstream's new amps are supposed to be good too.

I bought the soundstreams because I had read quite a few reviews all over that the company had finally been revamped to bring back what they use to stand for. I am not sure how true that is but I figured I had an older Reference 405 that I love so why not give it a shot strictly on merit. So far in my Tahoe it is a solid performer, no big 3, two autocraft batts up front. I haven't had a chance to run it at 1 ohm for long but when I did I dropped to 12.9 at full tilt. I would've like to push it harder but I got rid of the L7's and until I get better batts and an alt in there I have it at 4 ohms on a single cvx with no drop. The Tarantula was a bday gift so it hasn't been installed yet, it is suppose to be a higher line than the Rubicon though but who knows it's suppose to do 2600w at .5 ohms, I may try that out and see what happens but my plan was to just run it at 1 ohm and call it a day. Again I would love to clamp em but no tools or knowledge on how to get accurate results.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Tarantula or Rubicon series amps? what would ya'll prefer and which does closer to rated power while still sounding clean?

The Tarantula is suppose to be the higher line of the two and after a brief google search I found someone clamped the Rubicon and got rated just google soundstream clamp tests. I don't know how true the post is but if it is true then the SS amps do what they say they do.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I looked at some of the specs on the Rubicon and on the Tarantula series amps on Soundstreams site and the Rubicon has a higher 2ohm rating which is 1,700w and the Tarantula is 1,300w. Anyway other than the 2ohm wattage would it be worth it to get the 500w more with the Rubicon? I am going to try and order it by 7pm EST. Since you have been running the Rubicon and I have heard good reviews on it I may go with that but the Tarantula 2000w amp probably wouldnt do much more than 2k RMS would it?

Would I be safer to go with the Rubicon to get closer to a 2k rms rather than go with the Tarantula and have the amp maxed out and hope it puts out 2k? I just hate making a decision such as this haha its just hard.

I know EXO uses the Tarantula series amps.

Basically kinda asking just pay like 30 buck more and go with the 2500 or get the 2k?

Maybe which one is better built?

**edit**

Anyone know what voltage the Tarantula series are tested at? that will probably influence my decision quite a bit

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Archived