Sundown Audio

1 amp, 5 blown woofers?

Johnny248

there could be like a 5% chance that its just the amp being a shitty amp. cause its not a good brand at all. i wouldn't even call it a brand.

Why don't you message Steve or Tony about the DD-1 instead of just tossing it aside?

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

WRONG.

Improper gains = Hella distortion.

Correct, but that has nothing to do with the woofer. Once the gains are set properly on the amp it will do what it is supposed to do. If the Person is trying to get to 11 with subs that only go to 8, then the subs burn up. If the electrical is weak (like 11 volts)then the amp sends DC/distortion/clipping to the sub. Sub is collateral damage- not the perp.

hahaha your dd-1 took a crap

i think you should stop touching electronics!

Lol... I have electronics EVERYWHERE! and everything else works. I'm sending the DD-1 in tomorrow for service. It is constantly showing the distortion light no matter what it is hooked up to. D'Amore says they will fix it for me =)

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

I feel ya.. constant distortion light on,.. and blowing gear... i feel ya..

ive never in my life had worse luck with gear...

AND!!!

With that,.. yep, your amp sucks.... those blown drivers suck... and your DD1 tool is a turd.........remind me to never buy anything from you man!!!..

Why don't you message Steve or Tony about the DD-1 instead of just tossing it aside?

I didn't toss it aside. I did contact them, and am sending it in tomorrow for service. However, I did use the DD-1 to set the gains on the amp several times while it was working correctly. I've even turned the gain down from the DD-1 reading, and still had speaker problems.

-= J-dUb =-

well maybe you are sending too much powaaaa

or your box is terrible! what kind of box, did you build a new box for each sub!?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

have you thought about maybe the dd1 WAS working properly and the amp is just bad in general if the distortion light was on always?

you can easily test this by hooking the dd1 up to the back of your headunit and testing for clipping there, just to make sure that the light doesn't always stay on. and if you hook it up to the amp after and it just stays on, the amp is junk.

Wow, talk about a lot of replies really fast....

I will double check everything tomorow with power and ground. The thing is, I've had this problem with the amp in two different vehicles. I don't think that I suck so bad I could screw up the grounding in two different vehicles. I will monitor this current woofer until my DD-1 gets back to me. Average live is about 2 months before the woofers decide to blow.

-= J-dUb =-

Archived