Second Skin Audio

In need of an enclosure design for 2 DC Audio Level 4 m1 15's...

I have been trying to find an enclosure design for these subs I just bought. As I said in the title I have... 2 DC Level 4 M1 15's. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. They will be going into a 2000 Dodge Durango so I have quite a bit of room. Thank you for any and all help!

I would wonder at the idea of spending $1k to be able to run around 16v just so you don't have to upgrade your $500 amp. Also if you start blowing other electronics in the truck that $1k could climb greatly

you guys better lay off, seriously, alot people from around the world visit this site, and not everyone has heard of DD, so either help the guy or STFU this isnt ROE or *** or any of those other craptastic sites that lets users just abuse other people for fun, some of you have been here long enough to know this.

I think this will fit:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33 Hz

Vb = 6.5 ft^3

External Height = 19 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25.5 in

Port Width = 6 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 39 x 25 1/2

Left & Right Sides = 24 x 16 3/4

2x Front = 16 1/2 x 16 3/4

Back = 39 x 16 3/4

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 21 x 16 3/4

SUPB-noturm.jpg

43" wide, 43" from the hatch forward, and about 30" high. I would also like to know how you calculate the displacement for the subs as well as bracing. I would really like to know how to design boxes myself but I need something until then. Thank you all for your help!!!

I would wonder at the idea of spending $1k to be able to run around 16v just so you don't have to upgrade your $500 amp. Also if you start blowing other electronics in the truck that $1k could climb greatly

you guys better lay off, seriously, alot people from around the world visit this site, and not everyone has heard of DD, so either help the guy or STFU this isnt ROE or *** or any of those other craptastic sites that lets users just abuse other people for fun, some of you have been here long enough to know this.

On the enclosure design Posted on here by Joe X, I see there are corner braces in there.... What are the width measurements for those?

B4ss H3ad, you can put just about any sub you want in just about any vehicle you want. It all depends on how much work you can and are willing to put into it. As well as what exactly you want out of your system. So to accurately answer your question I think you need to let people know what you want out of it.... Then people can give you more helpful information.

I had a box designed for my Cerwin Vega Strokers by PWK (Pete Kulicki) wanting loud bass and sq. He sent me a design for a t-line enclosure. I don't know if that is because of the vehicle I have or if it's to give me as close to good sq and loud bass as possible. If I have read and understood correctly then sq and SPL don't go together. I enjoy a sealed enclosure. Maybe I'll change my mind after hearing My Vegas in the PWK enclosure, I'll let you know. I have liked sealed because they seem to me to have better sq. I like facing my subs in to the cabin of a car. It just always sounded better to me and I could hear if there was ever anything not right with my subs. Sealed enclosures are good when you are limited on room in your vehicle. I think the biggest problem with them is the lack of ventilation for the sub to cool. As for sub choice the majority of the sound you want comes for your enclosure. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong I would hate to sound like an idiot more than once with this info.