Second Skin Audio

can anyone point me in the right direction for info on "free-air" designs?

was pondering the idea of running my 2 Kicker Comps in a free-air design. They are currently in a sealed box and sound decent, but i read that these subs are suitable for free-air design as well.. any thoughts or suggestions? car is an 05 Saturn Ion

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Well if you're gonna do an infinite battle setup, I'd recommend the subs facing foward with the baffle completely sealed from the trunk to make it work properly. Could be a good experiment to try out.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

yes, also known as infinite baffle.. any tips besides facing forward and sealed off from the trunk?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

well you assumed thats what i meant, you said so yourself.. so i assumed you knew what i was talking about, sorry for any confusion brother. Can you explain the differences? If i do this, i obviously wanna do it right the first time

the easiest way to describe it: a free air application does NOT separate the front and rear waves, an infinite baffle application does.

and

it's all good :)

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

well if thats the diff, i def wanna go infinite baffle, not free-air. any tips on what makes it successful opposed to what might kill it?

keep the gains and subsonic in check, thats about all there is to it.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.