Second Skin Audio

Designing A Transmission Line

No! I've been looking into it though...my brother was talking to me about buying my escape off of me and possibly competing somehow but he didn't end up buying it off of me and I don't have the money to do that...but he bought a sport trac so no more chance for that there is no room!

If you ever get the chance too, I hopefully will be getting a car By February and my License by May, (I took drivers training about a year after all of my friends.), They hold sound competitions at Milan Dragway and here in Taylor at the Gibraltar Trade Center.

It'd be kinda nice to see you in person.

I forgot what kind of system you had.

since I have Vista, that google Sketchup dont work for me

Or I would be desigining hella boxes, and posting them here

Iam stuck with PAINT

FTMFL

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

OK.

I started last night when I downloaded Sketchup.

I just now finished, at 7:00 A.M., after several design errors.

Here Is what I came Up With.

HomeMadeTRansmissionLine.png

HomeMadeT-LineX-Ray.png

HomeMadeT-Line.png

That IS a hole in the middle It was an accident at first but I though Of a Great Idea.

I could put my amp inside of the hole.

Cut a Rectangle Shape Board that completely covers the top.

The Bottom One will Only Cover the Port and I can Run My Wires Out From Underneath the box.

There Is a hole behind the speaker placement for wire's which would only be about 1 ft long to reach the amp. Equaling less resistance, not much but it helps.

Nobody would see an amp and they would be like, "Awww, snap, son." It's late sorry for the lame ass joke. Shit it's actually early.

ForevrBumpin,

Would these dimensions work?

Would the port be too shallow?

The length comes out to ~9.5 ft .1 over the 9.41Quarter Wave length.

Port Area is 80 sq/in. 78.5 is what I needed 80 close enough?

Edited by Bigpimpin91

Wish I could help you but I have no idea about that box...hopefully someone will help you soon enough...

I don't actually have anything in my car right now. I don't have anything to strut around anyways...I still have a small rockford p550.2 but not hooked to anything I sold all the stuff i had. I'm a stay at home dad so I have no use for stuff that people are building on here. I'd love to build something for sound comps but I'll have to wait for that one! You know Sami from dynamic sounds? You ever need anything let me know I get pretty good deals from him in there.

I'll probably just put my directed 12 back in the ride although it doesn't do anything but sit...If I keep the jag I'll probably put something in it (components and possibly an 8 or something) but I'm trying to get rid of it as of now...

Anyways good luck! We'll have to meet up when you get done doing that box I want to hear audiopipe stuff in person...

from my experience on the unofficial guidlines to a t-line in the starting area to be atleast 1.25 times the cone area and then a gradual taper down to the port opening with the last 24 inches of the line eqaul to that of the cone. then i read that you were to use polyfill at the rate of 1 oz per cube to slow down the back wave. This info i read from a study book from a audio school called mobile dynamics.

using this type of guidline i acheived a dramastic drop of freqeuncy tuning and a nice reverb to the bass from the time lag on the back wave

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR