Just a quick and simple build for a friend of mine ..... (3930k, SLi 670's, etc.. )

I havent said this statement in a LONG TIME, but believe it or not, this build WILL NOT BE OC'd AT ALL :( My Friend told me that this PC is actually for Video editing/rendering and the reason for the 3 GPU's that will be in it (GTX670's) will be needed for the raw HP they provide for rendering software (Adobe editing stuff that i know nothing about) So, what all this means is that this build is NOT for games "per'say" but rather video editing, and what not..... :lol: anyway, on to the specs:

3 GTX670's (be here monday)

Gigabyte X79 UD5

3930K i7 Socket2011

quad ch 16gb DDR1866 DDR3 1.5v @ 8-9-9-24 1T

Cougar 1000w PSU (fucker is awesome and VERY HEAVY!! )

256GB M4 Crucial SSD for the OS and MS Office/All Adobe apps / 1TB drive for misc other crap

Bluetooth 4.0 / Wireless N network

2 24" Asus 2ms LED LCD displays

Corsair Case (cant remember name, but think its a "Cosmos" ) Very nice case

Scythe Ninja CPU cooler with dead silent 120mm fan

Win7 x64 Pro install

Build will be up and running on wendsday.... like i said above, just waiting for GPU's and some other minor stuff. To those of you who havent seen/touched a skt 2011 motherboard and or CPU, these things are HUGE AND HEAVY!! This motherboard is XL-ATX form factor, and words cant speak for how awesome this thing is in person. The CPU is nearly the size of the palm of my hand and weighs a TON for just a processor.... Truly amazing how far we have gotten in the technology world ;) Cant wait to load up some Fear3 action before I hand this over to the owner to see how 6 cores/12thread and 3 GTX670's will play :lol: Cant freaking wait...... w00t :)

2012-06-08175729.jpg

2012-06-08175722.jpg

2012-06-08175711.jpg

2012-06-08175354.jpg

2012-06-08192256.jpg

2012-06-08192246.jpg

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

7970's crush 670's and 680's for rendering performance last I heard? But here I am running 670's as well, so... :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

7970's crush 670's and 680's for rendering performance last I heard? But here I am running 670's as well, so... :P

Actually He had bought three 7970's last month, then about 2 weeks ago he called me up and said should I get GTX670/680's instead... My answer to him was For gaming, YES!, hands down a faster/more efficient card and I think it would be worth the time/effort to return those 7970's.... he did and got the GTX670's.... I have said this before, and will say it again, when it comes to software stuff other then windows, im pretty much useless. I love hardware, and OCing, etc.... Software bores the crap out of me. I left the owner with the responsability of learning about what software to use for his Rendering, editing, etc..... he came back and said, he went with ADOBE Suite of apps :pardon:

other then wiring in the GPU's.... everything is pretty much done... I installed a OLD POS pcie card I had laying around to make sure it booted, and to check the BIOS revision... This board shipped with a rather old bios, so I flashed to the latest, and what do you know, damn thing will post with a 5GHz OC @ 1.47V :shok: Of course I have no way to check to see if its stable but seems to be a great chip.... but like I said above, this PC will not be OC'd at all, I was just playing in the BIOS ;) Also, all the front panel connections are functional, even down to the HD Audio and mic inputs, along with the built in fan controller controlling 2 200mm fans, and 1 120mm fan!! Very silent PC.... Until the GPUs come HAHAHAHAHA

Here are some more pics,

2012-06-09013200.jpg

2012-06-09013116.jpg

2012-06-08192246.jpg

Oh, just to let you know, many games and programs actually perform better with HT disabled. Test test test test! :(

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

No OC :(

A nice simple coolant loop with white piping would look sick.

Overall it is a nice build to have fun with.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

Oh, just to let you know, many games and programs actually perform better with HT disabled. Test test test test! :(

You do realize the Pentium4 days are over right?

Edited by newls1