Dremel or Router?

Of course like mentioned, Router + Circle Jig. And appropriate bits.

But point of dremel, for carving boxes? Why not use a straight cut, or, shit can't think of the name bit used for like canyon type of look, And just use the router to carve?

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

He never said for box building. Dremels are indeed great tools, but no, not for boxes.

Yay, another one that cant read!!

I could understand if it was a 5 page long thread and you skimmed the previous 100 or so posts.

But to say "He never said for box building", when his unedited post clearly states just that....

WOW :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh:

which one is more preferred for box building and such? trying to decide on which one I want to buy first.

So you can attempt to read it again...

He never said for box building. Dremels are indeed great tools, but no, not for boxes.

I could understand if it was a 5 page long thread and you skimmed the previous 100 or so posts.

But to say "He never said for box building", when his unedited post clearly states just that....

which one is more preferred for box building and such? trying to decide on which one I want to buy first.

genius-meme.png

You're a fucking retard. I said that FLWATERSAVER never said dremels are good for box building.

He never said anything before your response about them being good or not being good for boxbuilding. he stated they are a good tool and backed by the company..

Nice fail save attempt, this idiot going to learn how to give 24hour bans. kthx

Oh and Dremils deffinitly do have their place in custom fabrication of enclosures, such as a fiberglass box, or even a box that you ended up molding part of it into your spare tire well, maybe if you reinforced your enclosure with chopmat or fiberglass cloth, and you needed to cut some extra off after its soaked in resin, or maybe even to shave a little off a crazy shaped piece of wood for a tight fight..

Depending on your skill level, boxes can get to be very elaborate with lots of work, and having the right tool for the right job. That's probably why I have 7 different power sanders (not including my dremels) for getting into tight spots on the inside of a box when sanding fiberglass, and larger sanders for larger areas...

He never said anything before your response about them being good or not being good for boxbuilding.

That's exactly my point... Maybe you should READ my post again.

Either way, you are wrong, and a dremel has its place in car audio fab, and even box building....

I would never suggest a use of a dremel for cutting speaker holes, or rounding over corners because a dremel cant compare to a routers power, but there are many uses for them in box building at times (not always) and examples given...

Yeah i guess you could use them for re-coning speakers to wire wheel the baskets clean.

if thats all you had to work with sure, but it take you a long time.

right angle grinder and a flap disc and be done in minutes :D

Chisel and hammer yo.

Archived