why is my jeep doing this???????

fuel pressure regulator? sounds definitly fuel related..... whats the exhaust smell like? does it burn ur eyes/nose? if its backfiring theres raw fuel going into the exhaust..... maybe check the timing? bad timing could cause this too..... too many possibilities.....those are the two i wouldve checked initially along with the usual tuneup yada yada

lol hope this helps a lil bit

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

BTW, Wix part number on the fuel filter is 33929 if you feel like continuing to just throw parts at it although with it being a little more complex than just a filter, i would suggest getting an OE part. . I'd personally be taking a real close look at the crank position sensor.

i changed the cps

Salvage yard PCM by chance? Chrysler computers are HUGE pieces of shit

i had a remanufactured one sent with all updaded programming and it did the same thing. my wire harness was touching the exhaust manifold and starting to melt wires, i secured that and it seems to run alot smoother lol idk this american junk is making me wonder why i ever traded my integra for it lol

so you replaced all the wires? if it already started to melt wires, that could be your problem all together.

no i havent replaced any wires yet but i moved ithe harness away from the exhaust manifold and it hasnt really done it so im thinkning maybe it was shorthing out touching the metal exhaust manifold?

fuel pressure regulator? sounds definitly fuel related..... whats the exhaust smell like? does it burn ur eyes/nose? if its backfiring theres raw fuel going into the exhaust..... maybe check the timing? bad timing could cause this too..... too many possibilities.....those are the two i wouldve checked initially along with the usual tuneup yada yada

i think it was the wire harness touching the exhaust manfiold. it melted the insulation off one of the wires and it was shorting out a wire.exhaust smells normal. i turned it on and smacked the cat a couple times and heard some shit bouncing around in there so i think the cat is still good lol

i think it was the wire harness touching the exhaust manfiold. it melted the insulation off one of the wires and it was shorting out a wire.exhaust smells normal. i turned it on and smacked the cat a couple times and heard some shit bouncing around in there so i think the cat is still good lol

wait...how can something rattling around inside the car be good?

shorting wires = no good. the insulation is there for a reason

wait...how can something rattling around inside the car be good?

shorting wires = no good. the insulation is there for a reason

inside the cat. catalytic converter. the pellet things that are in there. if it rattles when you knock on it then the pellets are not melted yet i guess indicatiing the cat is still good.

i understand the insulation is there for a reason. i was explaining what is going on with my car and how its making my car run bad

There's not supposed to be anything "bouncing around" in the catalytic converter... the catalysts should not move around in the housing because they can block the exit if they turn sideways. Read this: http://auto.howstuff...uestion4821.htm if you want more info on what they are. I would bring it to an exhaust shop immediately and have them look it over/test it. That's just me though...

EDIT: "A totally clogged converter causes the engine to quit after a few minutes because of all the increased exhaust back pressure."

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

There's not supposed to be anything "bouncing around" in the catalytic converter... the catalysts should not move around in the housing because they can block the exit if they turn sideways. Read this: http://auto.howstuff...uestion4821.htm if you want more info on what they are. I would bring it to an exhaust shop immediately and have them look it over/test it. That's just me though...

EDIT: "A totally clogged converter causes the engine to quit after a few minutes because of all the increased exhaust back pressure."

if there are ceramic beads in the cat wont they move around when you hit the side of the cat? And of corse this fine piece of american shit has three cats lol.ill just go get a pressure gause and test the pressures before and after each cat i guess. but i really dont think its the cats becasue it would do it all the time. this only happens when i first get in to drive it when its been sitting.

probably want to have someone who knows what they're doing get you a diagnosis before you go sticking any more parts into her .just because you have a code pertaining to the o2 sensor doesn't mean that the o2 sens is the problem . one of the problems with obd 1n2 and electronics is that the code , the data still has to be interpreted , to do this you must understand to some degree how everything on a vehicle works

probably want to have someone who knows what they're doing get you a diagnosis before you go sticking any more parts into her .just because you have a code pertaining to the o2 sensor doesn't mean that the o2 sens is the problem . one of the problems with obd 1n2 and electronics is that the code , the data still has to be interpreted , to do this you must understand to some degree how everything on a vehicle works

So pretty much because i don't have a diagnostics scan tool, your saying that i don't know anything about cars? Let me try and explain this little better. My jeep was indicating to me by its actions that it quite posibbky could be something simple that was wrong with it. So if i can fix the problem with a simple sensor with out paying a another mechanic to use his diagnostics tool and then pay him out the ass for the part. Why wouldnt i try????

So pretty much because i don't have a diagnostics scan tool, your saying that i don't know anything about cars? Let me try and explain this little better. My jeep was indicating to me by its actions that it quite posibbky could be something simple that was wrong with it. So if i can fix the problem with a simple sensor with out paying a another mechanic to use his diagnostics tool and then pay him out the ass for the part. Why wouldnt i try????

thats not what i am saying . i don't own a scan tool ether , i use oriellys when i do need one , that is nether here nor there .the service manual has more usefull information in the introduction than i have gotten from a scan tool. don't be a parts mechanic . if you don't know what your problem is don't replace parts and see if it gets solved . from what i seen you could 1 of many possible problems rangin from vac leak to bad fuel regulator to clog catalytic converter . if you understand what your are doing it shouldn't be too complicated to solve .

but it really doesn't sound to me like you know exactly what your problem is , i don't ether . have a few ideas like the rest of the people here .

no offense intended , so please don't take any . have no idea about your mechanical ability .

Archived