Folded Horn - 4" Fostex speaker - First build for one of these

I really need to get back to work on my Home Audio / Video system ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I know the feeling.

In my case, with this, I think what I'm going to do is build another box and mount the speaker normally so the front faces outward, and have the rear of the speaker fire into a low frequency t-line so that it can be near a full range box.

Also we have one of those old homes with wooden floors, and a basement. I could mount a t-line in the basement along the floor (which would be the ceiling in the basement) and port it into the room as an "air vent"

so that the sub box doesn't have to be in the room.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

That would be cool ... I mounted a sub stage in the ceiling one time back when I did home theater work ... Sounded great ... Everything was in wall on that install ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That would be cool ... I mounted a sub stage in the ceiling one time back when I did home theater work ... Sounded great ... Everything was in wall on that install ...

This is one thing I have yet to do with mine. All my speakers are on the wall too, but sub is in the corner. It would be sweet (and add floor space) to rebuild my sub box (4 12"s) and put it up in the ceiling. Port it through an air - a/c looking grate. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Last week on Home Theaters...."Why does this room have so many air vents? Does it get hot in here?" "No, only two are actually from the air conditioner. Let me take you to the attic above where the 14hz t-line is housed."

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to build a longer t-line so went for close to 50hz. But, have to go back to drawing board since my line wasn't wide enough. The output of the biiger box was not as loud as the smaller box - anyways, here's the timelapse video from part of the build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN35FxCTlxg&hd=1

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Archived