Sundown Audio

Need help picking out a new amp!

I dont know why you want to change shit for shit. The Soundstorm http://www.ebay.com/...=item53ed5e7255, is rated in watt 4000 watt @ 1 Ohm. This seller didn´t tell are they max watt or RMS watt, RMS watt are the only intresting watt´s for us. So we try to find out how many real RMS watt´s the Soundstorm out. Biggest help for us is to see how high is the amp fused (see picture three in the auction)? There 3 red fuses if im right there 40 amp fuses, so we have together 120 amp´s. Sorry that i didn´t can tell how exactly the math is threw this term. I know that 1000 watt RMS must be fused with arround 100 amps, so you´r SSL amp put out between 1200-1500 watt´st, exactly this what you searching for. Now you have the amp what you searching for 0 $. For a part of the saved money you can do http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/ the Big 3 in 0/1, gauge if you havent done it till now, it help´s to strength your electrical car system. And if you want you can buy a fine XS-Power batt for more fun.

What would the big3 do to help him having a less than substantial amp? Big 3 helps if you have voltage drop...thats it....its not a magical power adder that gets you more rms power from your amp.

BRZ's are not amazing but gets the job done alright....at least their ratings are much more realistic...I would venture to say its still better than the Soundstorm.

Using the fuse rating 40x3 and a perfect world of 14.4volts you get 120amps x 14.4v = 1728watts. Thats in a perfect world...I doubt it puts that much out...my BRZ is fused for 140amps and puts out 1000-1100... maybe lol.

OP save a few bucks more and go with BC2000 Crecendo...or even try and find a used one or used sundown or skar 1500. THere are some more too...just go through the FS secton.

I looked up the Crecendo. It seems they're hard to find? Would you know where I could purchase one? Thanks.

Edit: I'd prefer to get one new, not used. But if I have to I will peruse the FS section to find one.

Edited by Raptorman

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I dont know why you want to change shit for shit. The Soundstorm http://www.ebay.com/...=item53ed5e7255, is rated in watt 4000 watt @ 1 Ohm. This seller didn´t tell are they max watt or RMS watt, RMS watt are the only intresting watt´s for us. So we try to find out how many real RMS watt´s the Soundstorm out. Biggest help for us is to see how high is the amp fused (see picture three in the auction)? There 3 red fuses if im right there 40 amp fuses, so we have together 120 amp´s. Sorry that i didn´t can tell how exactly the math is threw this term. I know that 1000 watt RMS must be fused with arround 100 amps, so you´r SSL amp put out between 1200-1500 watt´st, exactly this what you searching for. Now you have the amp what you searching for 0 $. For a part of the saved money you can do http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/ the Big 3 in 0/1, gauge if you havent done it till now, it help´s to strength your electrical car system. And if you want you can buy a fine XS-Power batt for more fun.

What would the big3 do to help him having a less than substantial amp? Big 3 helps if you have voltage drop...thats it....its not a magical power adder that gets you more rms power from your amp.

BRZ's are not amazing but gets the job done alright....at least their ratings are much more realistic...I would venture to say its still better than the Soundstorm.

Using the fuse rating 40x3 and a perfect world of 14.4volts you get 120amps x 14.4v = 1728watts. Thats in a perfect world...I doubt it puts that much out...my BRZ is fused for 140amps and puts out 1000-1100... maybe lol.

OP save a few bucks more and go with BC2000 Crecendo...or even try and find a used one or used sundown or skar 1500. THere are some more too...just go through the FS secton.

I looked up the Crecendo. It seems they're hard to find? Would you know where I could purchase one? Thanks.

Edit: I'd prefer to get one new, not used. But if I have to I will peruse the FS section to find one.

Here it is new from them direct.

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/bassclef/

I misread your original post they are pretty far from your budget but I would say its worth it to save a little more.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I wouldn't give that sub more than 1500 watts and probably would keep it in a sealed enclosure if I was to give it that much. I've seen those subs go brand new as cheap as 94.99$

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

I wouldn't give that sub more than 1500 watts and probably would keep it in a sealed enclosure if I was to give it that much. I've seen those subs go brand new as cheap as 94.99$

Where? D: I got it for 190$ off of Sonic.

And thanks guys for the links.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Here it is new from them direct.

http://store.crescen...o.com/bassclef/

I misread your original post they are pretty far from your budget but I would say its worth it to save a little more.

Yeah I will probably save for it. I'm not in that big of a rush for a new amp. Thank you!

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

ebay, There is one going for 54.99$ right now actually. I was thinking about buying it and just blowing it up or abusing it. Once you get a new amp...you're going to want a new sub, then you become an addict like the rest of us....

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Hmm I think I'd probably choose the Brutus. It's pretty cheap, and a lot of people mention it as a good amp. Thank you for your help everyone!

i said "decent" not "good". just remember to factor that in your decision.

Well, wouldn't you think it'd be at least a lot better than this POS I have now? Or would there be hardly any difference?

i just dont want you going around saying that I said it was a "good" amp lol. but for the money, its the best. it should be better than what you have.

dont know why everyone seems to forget efficiency. for simplicity I just change voltage to 10v. that seems to adjust for efficiency pretty well. so 120a x 10v = 1200w

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ebay, There is one going for 54.99$ right now actually. I was thinking about buying it and just blowing it up or abusing it. Once you get a new amp...you're going to want a new sub, then you become an addict like the rest of us....

I'm already an addict, haha. And yeah I know these sub's aren't the best, but I wanted something cheap but also decent to get me on my feet. I'll probably just end up blowing it with this new amp and then that would give me a nice excuse to get a better sub. :D Haha!

Edited by Raptorman

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

I'm already an addict, haha. And yeah I know these sub's aren't the best, but I wanted something cheap but also decent to get me on my feet. I'll probably just end up blowing it with this new amp and then that would give me a nice excuse to get a better sub. :D Haha!

You and alot other posters understand realy nothing. There is no need for a new amp.

The amp you have can do the watt´s you want. Your budget is to low to get a real better amp. Be sure there will be only a small better, incase your sub and amp is a medium to low something. What doesen´t means that they total BS.

A well designed box, a good/upgraded electrical and propper setted gain´s, can help your sub to lift his ass realy up.

That is why i guess to hold the amp, strength and grade up your electrical system and if needed build a new box (4th order bandpass).

It haven´t to be a XS batt, ask us, we can tell you a cheaper brand, or give you the right guess to buy a used one out of the want to sale,

CACO forum, E-bay and so on.

If you buy a new amp, you only will waste your little money from the nothing you have.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley